𝙩 𝙝 𝙧 𝙚 𝙚

k e e f e 

I drove out of our "giant" drive way, and I asked Sophie which way her house was.

"That way," She said, pointing to the right. Wow. My house is on the very left side of our giant community, so seems like this might be a long car ride. Not that I was complaining or anything.

"So, your a Senior? What's it like? The SAT last year?" She asked. Dang. She really liked to study.

"Well, I got a very close to perfect score," I replied. No, I wasn't lying, even though it's not that believable.

"I thought you spent the whole school time ditching."

"I do," I reply, with a smirk. She sigh-laughs.

"Then how do you...never mind. I'm not gonna ask," she says. There a string of awkwardness just hanging there, until Sophie decided to speak up again.

"Was I really at your house for that long? It's very dark out side," She says.

"Uh, yeah. Of course you were," I reply. She looks confused. Never mind. And...LOTS of awkward silence.

"It's that one," She says, pointing to a normal sized house on the street. I stop the car and open the door for her, but just as she steps out, a man came out from the front door and saw us. His eyebrows shot up, then glared at Sophie, who stopped in her tracks. Oh shoot. That must have been Sophie's dad. And he must have getting the wrong idea about.....us.

"Umm, hi dad....what are you doing out here?" She asks.

"What are you doing out here with that boy?" He asks. Somehow, I have a weird feeling that "that boy" is gonna be my new nickname...

"Um, yeah, he's that friend I was talking about.." she says, shooting a glance my way when she says 'friend'.

"Did you not hear when I asked if it was a boy on the phone?" He asks. Sophie cringes. Just then, a woman come outside from the front door. When she sees Sophie's dad interrogating us she laughs and rolls her eyes at the same time, grabs Sophie's dads hand, and drags him inside. But I didn't miss the wink she shot Sophie as she pulled him inside.

"Um yeah, those are my parents, Grady and Edaline," She says, then notices the way I was staring at her and the says, "Sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? Y'all didn't do anything wrong," I say.

"Yeah but...my dad's a little over-protective ok?" She says. (A little? Lol)

I smirk, knowing what I was going to say next. "So what your saying is, he think we're-"

"Don't. You. Dare." She cuts me of with her hand in front of me, and blushes. After another round of awkward silence, plus Grady spying on us through the window, she speaks.

"Anyway, I should going. See you around!" She says, and runs toward the front door.

"Bye Foster!" I say. I sigh after she goes inside. At least she doesn't think I'm weird by calling her Foster. Or does she?

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER! I had an idea but I felt like it would fit better in another chapter, and I need to get a chapter out fast. SOOOO YEA.