𝙩 𝙝 𝙞 𝙧 𝙩 𝙚 𝙚 𝙣

k e e f e

Sophie. She was right there.

No. She shouldn't have come. This is all my fault.

"Hey..Foster," I mumbled, trying to get up. "You can't be here."

"What?" She asked, coming closer. "I'm here to get you out of here. So move it."

Feisty. We all knew it from the start. Sweet little Foster who?

"Easy there, Foster," I said, backing away. "I'm not leaving here. They're gonna take you and leave me. I can't do that." I said, staring into her eyes.

Time seemed to stop as she looked back. I could see in her eyes, or somehow, feel, what she felt. It felt like..

Pity. The one thing everyone has for me, but the one thing I never deserved nor wanted.

"Keefe," she said, stalking closer. "I have to do this. I couldn't live with myself knowing I had the chance to save one of my friends when I didn't. So Keefe...please. Go."

There it was again. Friends. Something I was hoping would progress, but any dream of that was now shattered.

"Time is ticking..." The robotic voice/Mom of the year said.

"Go, Keefe. Please," She pleaded, tears forming in her eyes. And when I still wouldnt budge, She added, "For me." 

I...Didn't know what to say. All of me wanted to stay and let Foster go and be safe. It's my mother, after all. I know her, though I wish I didn't.

It's just that I-

*crack*

"Uh, what was that," I asked, looking up in the direction it came from. It was very loud.

My mom and her handy dandy assistant looked confused as well.

"I'm...not sure," She said with her robotic voice, looking around.

*crack* *rumble*

"What in the.." I heard Biana say. But before she could finish, the wood cabin roof started breaking and toppling to the floor.

"WATCH OUT!" I yelled, covering Sophie and moving her to the side with me. I covered her with my arms.

"What's...happening?!" She yelled, still ducking. 

"I don't know! Where are Tam and Biana?!" I yelled through the ruckus, looking around while still covering us. (not this reminding me of the lumenaria scene in book 5)

"We're over here!" I heard a familiar voice say from the right.

Then it hit me. Now was our chance.

"Now's our chance! Let's get out of here! All of us!" I yelled. Sophie looked too weak to get up since a giant piece of debris hit her on the arm. (smh keefe ur supposed to be protecting her smhhh)

I had no choice but to carry her out of there. It was a little hard to get out of everything, but I managed to get out of the debris and the cave.

Outside was a regular grassland, and somehow the cave camouflaged in, as if it were never there.

I set her down and lay on the ground.

"Keefe?" She asked, slowly getting up and looking around. "What happened?"

I sighed with a small smile. "I don't know, Foster," I said, looking up at the sky.

She jerked up. "Oh my god where are Biana and Tam?" she said, jerking her around looking for them. 

"We're here," A familiar annoying voice said behind us. I turned around and saw Tam and a limping Biana coming our way.

"Oh my god Biana are you good?" Sophie asked, pointing to Biana's giant bruise on her forehead.

She coughed a laugh. "I could ask you the same thing," Biana said, pointing at Sophie's arm.

"Yeah, y'all both need to get fixed up," Tam said, pulling those ugly bangs of his over his head, (PLS THIS IS KEEFE'S POV SO I HAD TO BUT I LOVE HIS BANGS AND HIM)

"Let's go," I said. "Before they come for us again."