I'm not afraid

Guy had gone home a few hours later, the four teens had spent a few hours just catching up, Lexi deciding to invite Guy, Alex and Connie over for a games night the following night.

At the moment it was just the three usual teens in the Conway household. Casey was once again at work.

The three laid in the girls room, playing go fish and uno just enjoying each other's company, Lexi threw herself into Adams arms in frustration as Charlie once again hit her with a draw four.

"I thought you loved me Char" she muttered annoyed as she glanced at the boy, putting on her best sad face as she picked up the cards.

Charlie rolled his eyes jokingly "Don't pout Little Lex, you know I love you" he said with a goofy grin on his face.

Lexi waited until Charlie had left a few hours later to go see Linda before she took her chance to speak to her boyfriend about what she had been waiting to mention for what felt like 10 years.

"I want to go see him," the girl said softly from her boyfriend's arms causing Adams grip to tighten on her waist. He knew exactly who she was talking about.

The boy scrambled to think of what to say, he knew he had to try to talk her out of it, Adam Banks wasn't an idiot though, he knew nothing would change Lexi Conway's mind.

Lexi moved so she was sitting up, immediately reaching a shaky hand out to take the boys. He sent her a questioning look, the girl simply forced a smile and nodded, letting him know this is what she wanted.

"If I don't see him now, I never will. I need to know why" the girl said in a quiet but firm tone, doing her best to show she wasn't scared, even though she knew she was terrified.

This was the man who had taken her innocence, the man who caused the first of many cracks that would form on Lexi Conway. This was her uncle. Her brothers father. Her mother's killer and the man who nearly killed the girl herself. Joshua Conway.

Lexi knew why he had killed her mother, she had sat down with Casey and heard the whole story about the wanted affair and although it pained her it helped knowing that she finally could find out what happened to her mother.

Lexi was snapped out of her trance when she heard Adams voice ring out asking when she wanted to go, he knew he couldn't change her mind so instead he focused all his attention on ensuring he would be there for the girl.

"I need to go today. While I have the courage. Please gorgeous If I don't go today I'll never go" The girl stated in a begging tone.

Adam nodded reassuringly, gently moving a strand of hair out of the girl's face and sending her a soft smile. "I'll get my mom to take us there" he said as he gazed into her eyes that were pooling with tears.

"Us?" Lexi questioned softly, a look of confusion on her face.

Adam simply nodded as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, because to him it was. "You don't think I'm letting you go alone do you? , I promised you we'd get through this together, I'm not leaving" he pointed out.

Lexi felt relief flood her chest, she was terrified to do it alone, knowing Adam would be there provided her a form of comfort she didn't know she needed.

It only took a few minutes for Adam to return with Ann Banks, the women immediately pulling the small girl into a comforting hug as Lexi wrapped her arms around her 2nd parental figure.

Lexi knew Ann wasn't completely onboard with the idea but she knew that she would support her either way, the Banks family had love the girl like one of their own for all of her life.