Too much darkness

Authors note: sorry it's been so long, the books gone to shit and I truly apologise, no idea what this chapter even is if I'm honest.. feel free to vote and comment if you like but uh yeah haha

Adam Banks sat motionless, holding Lexi Conway's cold body as he heard the paramedics begin rushing up the stairs following a frantic Charlie.

"Female, 15. Code 31- Attempted suicide. Very faint pulse, fading fast" the paramedic rushed out as he looked at his partner.

"Don't" Adam whispered as the paramedics attempted to pull Lexi from his arms.

"You can't touch her" he spoke frantically as he held her tighter.

"If you don't let her go, if you don't let us help her she will die" the paramedic responded quickly, causing the boy to freeze as he loosened his grip slightly.

"Cutie! Cutie!" was all Adam was able to yell as the girl was placed on the stretcher and raced down the stairs.

"Cutie please, you gotta hold on" he begged as tears streamed down his face.

The boy followed but felt an arm grab his, holding him tightly causing him to let out a gasp of pain.

"You did this to her, you broke her. You made her want to die" Charlie cried angrily as he slammed the boy into the wall.

Tears ran down Adam's face as he let out quiet sobs of panic, "no I didn't, don't say that, please don't say that" the boy whimpered, Charlie said nothing just shoved the boy once more before rushing down the stairs.

"I'm her brother, I'm coming"Charlie rushed out as he dove in the ambulance, not even giving the paramedics a chance to respond as they all hopped in.

Adam rushed down the stairs, he had to go to, he had to be there for the girl, after all it was his fault.

"Wait, please wait" the boy screamed as he chased after the ambulance, Charlie made eye contact, shaking his head as he shut the doors.

"Hi" Lexi whispered, looking up at her brother who was sat beside her in the ambulance.

Charlie's eyes widened as he looked down at her and began panicking "What the hell did you think you were doing" he whispered as tears rolled down his face.

"I'm sorry Char" the girl whispered softly, she was extremely out of it.

"Just don't close your eyes okay? Talk to me" the boy spoke calmly despite his severe panic, he wasn't about to let Lexi go, never again.

The girl gripped her brothers arm as she began pleading, "you have to tell Adam, you have to tell Adam that I -"

Before the girl could finish she tiredly drifted into unconsciousness despite her brothers pleads for her to stay awake.

It wasn't till a few hours later the girl would wake up, the room silent other than the steady beeping of the heart rate monitor.

"Dammit" Lexi muttered clearing her throat as her eyes opened, immediately the girl felt a pressure on her stomach and she looked down, noticing her brother resting his head on it, sleeping.

All Lexi Conway wanted to do was die and she even failed at that.

"Char Bear" the girl whispered, nudging him slightly and attempting to wake him, it took a few moments but the boy eventually opened his eyes.

He woke up fully as he noticed his sister staring down at him, sending him a sad smile.

Charlie shot up, pulling her into his arms as sobs wracked his body, causing him to shake slightly.