Chapter one

omygosh i just love the cover art its whiteout and airpaw by the way i know the word Whiteout is ironic because he is actully black lol :P

Airpaw woke up from her sleep. She sat up and sighed happily. Today was a rest day! She was a kit with pale pink fur and she felt something under her back when she had slept, making the night uncomfortable and stuffy on her fluffy, cloud bed. She looked at her bed. There was nothing but her soft, fleece blanket. Hmm. The Airclaw slumped her shoulders and frowned in disappointment.

Had the thing run off when I woke up? But, she found something strange. She felt something clinging on her back. She went to her mirror and she saw a vivid and identical reflection of herself. Airpaw turned her back to the mirror and saw a pair of eloquent wings! They were so beautiful and glittery and were the color of strawberry delight! Wow! I have wings! Finally! Wings! The Airclaw cat kept calm and peaceful, but it was the exact opposite in her heart.

Her bird, Luckywing, flew by and landed on Airpaw's shoulder and tilted her little head at her. The bird squawked and shuffled her wings.

"Yes, Lucky! I have wings!" she exclaimed. "But mine is much bigger than yours." She pointed out.
At last, she could feel the wonderful times of flying! She was about to fly out of the window and flap her new wings and show them to her friends when she remembered an order from Queen SpaceMoon that demanded her to not fly right away. "Now, Airpaw, you have to sit in the brightest part on the sun platform and sleep there like a Leafclaw. This will charge your wings with grace and beauty..." The pink kit huffed and crossed her arms and rolled her eyes at that order.

Booooring! Or maybe we could go to the beach and dry off our wings! Oooh! We could play in the water and that would cool off our wings, right? Not like anybody listens to me. They always say, why can't you be more like an Airclaw cat? You have to stop daydreaming about crazy things and put your paws in the real world! She sighed mournfully and trotted out her royal bedroom and sneaked past the guards, trying to match the walls behind her. Airclaw cats could only camouflage to other colors, but could not turn invisible. And Airpaw was living on an island, where cats couldn't even get the chance to fly.

Why have wings when you're living in isolation? She slipped by the last guard and walked to Whiteouts cave. It was much smaller than the queens royal cavern, but it was quite homey. Packed with small souvenirs and little conches, the house was still sleeping. There was a stone staircase that led to a big, wide room included with a sundeck. A White cat was sleeping on a palm leaf hammock. Airpaw leaned over to the sleeping cat.

"WAKE UP!" she shouted into Whiteout's ear.

"GAH!" He gasped. Whiteout sat up alarmingly, his hammock flipped over and the male kit slammed against the stone floor face-first.

"Oh-it's just you, Airpaw." He let out a sigh of relief and rubbed his head and groaned painfully.

"Oops, sorry Whiteout. But... who else would it be me except for your mother and me?" Airpaw mewed.

"Oh. um... ghosts?" he winced at the word 'ghost'.

Airpaw rolled her eyes at that silly, fake answer. In school days last newleaf, Older cats in their class told spooky stories about ghosts and scary monsters to Whiteout. They gave him nightmares for a week.

Poor Whiteout. Maybe my wings will cheer him up.

"Well, as you can see, I got my--"

Without glanced at her shoulder and raised one eyebrow. "Airpaw, what's that little thing-" He asked and suddenly widened his eyes and his mouth dropped open. "YOU GOT YOUR WINGS! WE CAN--oh, right. You still have to dry them for a few days." he meowed glumly.