Chapter Three

Airpaw woke up and realized she was in a healer's hut. But how am I alive?

The Moonclaw cat could have easily killed me with one bite. Unless... he didn't bite me.

Airpaw thought. She sat up and looked around. Her right-wing was wrapped around with leaves. Wait. We used palm leaves to wrap up our wounds. Does that mean I'm back home? The hut was a cave-like shape but wrapped in Super big palm leaves. Nope. We had caves. She saw a lot of herbs and medicine piled in one of the big boulders.

"Oh hi! You're finally awake! I thought you would never wake up!" a black tom came in and greeted Airpaw.

"Who are you?" Airpaw hissed and crouched down low to a fighting position.

"Whoa- um. No need to be afraid. I'm Berryheart. Co-Healer of the Leafclaws."

"Oh- You, saved me?"Airpaw asked.

"Um...yyyyyess?" the tom said.

"Oh. Thanks. I'm- so sorry I doubted you."

"It's okay," she replied.

"OWW!"Airpaw felt pain again and wailed.

"Don't worry! Drink this! It will make your pain go away."Berryheart calmed her down.

Airpaw didn't feel so sure. Running away was one thing... And trusting another clan was of the topic. But... the healer also saved her. She drank the pink water in one sip.

"So uh. Who's the real healer?"Airpaw asked.

"Um, she was- my mother. We were running out of herbs so-" Berryheart stopped. she looked sad. "Well she went to the human place to find some other new herbs and- she never came back."

"Oh- I'm so sorry!"Airpaw said.

"No biggie. Hey, wanna go outside? Get some fresh air?"

"Sure!" the Airclaw kit chirped.

They trotted outside. Wow! Airpaw saw the warm sunlight pouring onto her fur. She saw beautiful plants and flowers grown by other cats. Animals leaped from there to there, laughing happily. Young kits were led by other adult cats and they splashed in the lake cleaning themselves. My life would've been wonderful days like this if I was born here!

"HELLO!" A cheerful voice rang behind them.

A little cat greeted them.

"Hi, there!" She said. "I'm Leafdew! I haven't seen you before. OH! Are you new? You must be. But... You're just like me! I mean, You should've been assigned to a class already, right?"

"Leafdew! Why are you here?"Berryheart questioned.

"Um.. this is my clan! I can go wherever I want! Duh!"Leafdew rolled her eyes.

"No, I mean, why aren't you in your class?"Berryheart asked.

"It was super boring! I don't want to be some old leaf professor saying: don't go out there that way we won't waste any more herbs! And you're not the boss of me! Until our mother comes back that is..."Leafdew blabbed on.

"Leafdew! Mothers never coming back and you know that!"Berryheart yelled.

"B-but mother- she said-"Leafdew argued.

"Sorry to interrupt, but are you guys sisters?"Airpaw tried to change the subject.

"Yes. We have a berry big family. Berry puns! Hahahaha!" Leafdew chuckled and ran away.

"Leafdew! You little moss-ball! I'm sorry." Berryheart apologized.

"It's okay. An Air-I mean a rogue always knows these things." Airpaw explained. 

"Yes, we have a very big family. Our oldest sister is our queen! And-"

" MOONCLAWS ARE COMING! AND THERE COMING WITH WEAPONS!" the mailcat warned. Everybody started panicking and hiding. it was chaos everywhere, and the opposite of what Airpaw first saw when she came.

"Uh-oh. Trouble. Listen, you have to hide somewhere if you can't shrink. And don't let them catch you!" Berryheart called out.

"Don't worry, I'll be safe," Airpaw whispered. She waited until nobody was looking then turned invisible. she didn't want any cats wondering how she got her powers. if they did, I would have to run to a different Clan. I don't know if any Clan will be so friendly as them.

"ARRRGH!Where is that Airclaw cat? I swear I saw someone carrying her to the forest!" a dark voice muttered. "Moonswiper! There are no more Airclaws anymore! we wiped them out! Besides, we're here to collect trees, not endangered cats!" uh-oh.that would be me. Airpaw thought.

"Well, maybe this will help!" The Moonclaw bit the other cat and made a storm.

It started to rain and thunder and all the cats that shrunk were crushed by big heavy raindrops. Then it started to flood. The water was rising and rising. Soon, it was above Airpaw's head.