chapter two

Whiteout turned invisible and Airpaw bumped into someone.

"Q-Queen Spacemoon?" Airpaw looked up and saw an angry cat face.

"What in Starclaw are you doing out here?" the Queen demanded.

"I- I uh..."

"Enough! You have been in lots of trouble already! You could've been killed out here! With the Cloudclaws out here to kill any Airclaw cat on sight, you could've been killed! And get OUR clan wiped out! We already have little privacy blah blah blah..." Queen Spacemoon scolded.

Airpaw felt tears rolling down her cheeks uncontrollably. She just wanted to have fun in her life.

"WAIT! It wasn't her fault! I did some too!"Whiteout popped out as he saw Airpaw getting yelled at.

"Whiteout! You too! Looks like you two don't have enough discipline! Blah blah blah..." Queen Spacemoon blabbed on.

She put her head in her paws and sighed.

"Um... Queen Spacemoon. We're sorry-" Airpaw spoke up.

"DO YOU WANT TO END UP LIKE YOUR GRANDMOTHER? A USELESS, CRAZY, AND POOR CAT?"Queen Spacemoon blurted.

NO. No one speaks that way to my grandmother. Not even her own daughter. She wasn't how Queen Spacemoon described her. She was AWESOME. She had a wonderful gift-Courage. She could do anything she wanted. She had the guts to attack any pesky humans while our cowardly army was hiding from them. She was kind of poor though, no gold, no wealth... But she was done waiting. She would never experience happiness in her clan now. She was done.

She flew away and headed for the Red Mountains.

"AIRPAW! COME BACK HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT. NOW!"

She heard her mother call out and sending some guards to find Airpaw. She had to hide. AHA. A cliff-cave. Just what I need.

She swooped in and turned invisible just in case she was noticed.

"Moonswiper! You know we can't just throw a kit away."A voice echoed from the cave.

"Well, not unless if she's a Witch!"Another voice yelled back.

Maybe THAT was Moonswiper. Such a weird name, Airpaw assumed.

"Well, that is a great gift! We haven't had one in winters!"

"Tsk! Like that's a good thing! She could go crazy! I don't want my kit to go crazy!" Moonswiper snorted.

A witch? She knew that if witches and wizards use their magic powers for a long time they would say crazy things and start to get very hot and explode into ashes. Was that true?

"I don't want her to either!"The other cat hollered back. "We're gonna keep her safe. "

She wanted to know more of this Witch(what other choice did she have?) but then she suddenly tripped on a rock and fell clumsily in front of the adult cats.

"SPIES!" the cat hissed.

"Wait! I'm not-stop!"Airpaw pleaded. She knew that the Moonclaws have poisonous fangs that could kill a cat easily just in one bite. So I should run. Airpaw thought to herself. Then the cave rumbled as if it were hungry enough to swallow up Airpaw, and a huge cat suddenly rose out of the ground and roared. YIKES! he's almost twice the size of Queen Spacemoon! The big, monstrous cat slashed the Moonclaw who tried to kill off Airpaw. Airpaw was too scared to turn invisible. She scrambled up to her feet while the huge cat tried to bite and kill the poor, terrified cat.

After the huge cat killed the other cat, she heard airpaw running away and ran to her. Oh no! I'm gonna get killed! I can't fly yet! I haven't- Wait-I have wings! I can fly!

Just as she jumped out the cliff cave and spread her wings out to fly, the shadow-like figure bit her right-wing and also fell off the cliff. Airpaw couldn't feel anything. Darkness came pouring out like a tidal wave. She fell off and closed her eyes.