Chapter Four

She couldn't do anything. The water was deep and dark. I have to save Leafdew, Berryheart and the others! She thought frantically. She tried to look in the water, but it was no use. She felt something, and brought it to the surface.It ws Leafdew and Ivychatter! She wrapped them around her wing and did the same thing, hoping to rescue more cats. Soon her wings were full of cats.she flew up to the surface, but her wings couldn't do anything.it was still injured.she splashed in the water and looked for land.

There was a hill that wasn't flooded yet!She swam rapidly and reached the hilltop.then she found a cave perfect for sheltering. She grabbed a stick and scraped it against the cave wall. It didn't work. She placed the shrunk cats on the ground and tried again.Fire! At last! She gathered all the sticks she could find on the ground and made a firepit.The Airclaw cat looked outside the cave. It was thundering so hard all she could see was a blur.Looks like the thunders gonna last the whole night.

Suddenly, she heard a cough and turned around.

"Berryheart? L-leafdew? Is that you?"she asked. What if it was some ferocious beast?

It was Leafdew! She grew bigger and rubbed her eyes.

"Um... Hello? Anybody?"Leafdew woke up in confusion.

"It's me, Leafdew! You're alive!"Airpaw shouted happily out of the shadows.

"W-Where are we?"she asked.

"I'm not sure but-i think we're-were in a- were in a cave." she stuttered.

"Oh! Thanks! For saving me."

"Us."Airpaw finished for her.

"Huh?" Leafdew turned around.

"Berryheart! Ivychatter! Oh, you guys, I missed you so much!"Leafdew ran over to them and the three sisters hugged each other.

Finally, Queen Ivychatter stepped out of the shadows.

"Hello, rouge."Queen Ivychatter spoke at last.

It took a moment to realize that the Leafclaw Queen was talking to the Airclaw cat.

"Oh! Um... sorry i didn't know that you were talking to me."Airpaw stuttered nervously.

"It's okay,I'm just here to say a thank you for saving us. How will i ever pay you back?Oh, right! What's your name, kind rouge?" Ivychatter asked.

"Um..." Airpaw froze.If i tell the Queen my real name, she would know its a Airclaw name! Arrgh! Then she would know that the Airclaws were alive and healthy!Suddenly she saw a rock. A lot of rocks. "It's Rock...y." she finally meowed.

"Very well. Are you in an alliance with any of the other clans? you know, the other different cats?" Added the queen.

"Um, no."she replied.

"Okay! I want you to join the Leafclaws!"The queen exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh really? Um..." this is a new chance to start all over again! A fresh start! I would have to ditch my old Airclaw friends. I would miss my old home! I thought i was ready, but it looks like I'm not. Am I ready to start a new life? "I dunno, i still have to think about it." she finally mumbled.

"Don't worry! I'm not pressuring you to join. You're just welcome in camp." she explained.

"Alright! Um... who's hungry? I saw a few banana trees outside." Berryheart suggested nervously.The woken cats started to murmur and talk to each other.

"Are you sure, Berryheart? The weather looks pretty intense out there." she looked at the poor soaked cats and warned her.

"Don't worry. Grasshopper will be with me. And i'll be back in a swish of a cat's tail!"she shrugged.

"Very well. You may go. Cats of Leafclaw, may i have your attention?"the Leafclaw Queen announced as she gave out orders.

"Hey there, rouge! Oops, i mean, Hi Rocky.Sorry, i know how it feels if someone calls you a rouge. Rouge is a dirty word for evil cats. Sorry." she looked down at her paws and apologized.

"It's okay."Airpaw shrugged.

Leafdew's smile came up and she blabbed on. "Thanks! Really appreciate what you did for us!but, OHMYGOSH, thank you! I was like AAAAH! When it started to flood, Then you came in heroically, and saved us and then i was like-"

"I got it, i got it!" Airpaw gigged. Then she felt an overwhelming wave of tiredness. "I feel so tired."

"Hey, wanna split that banana and get some rest?" she yawned.

"I'd rather sleep now, Thankyouverymuch." she added with a little sense of humor.

"Okay. sure, goodnight."The Leafclaw cat meowed.

Today was a good day.The sleepy cat thought as she closed her eyes.

The best day of my life.