Chapter Five

When Airpaw finally woke up, Leafdew was happily munching on fresh and colorful fruits.

"Good morning!It's finally morning! Isn't it great?" she sang.

"Yup!" Airpaw replied as her stomach rumbled. She hadn't eaten in hours.

"Im so hungry..." she mumbled. As she was about to get up and hunt, when Leafdew interrupted.

"You are? Here, I saved you a mango. Berryheart and the others went to gather fruits and some went to rebuild the camp!"

"That's cool. But do you have any meat?"

The Leafclaw cat blinked at her and shook her head.

"We dont believe in eating meat. But you can if you'd like to."

So Airpaw did. She came back with a squirrel in her mouth. Now she didn't have to give this to the elders or kits of Airclaw. Ha. 'cause the Leafclaws don't eat meat.

"Mmm..." she said with her mouth full. She filled herself up and licked herself clean.

"Excuse me? Oh hey, Airpaw! Queen Ivychatter sent you two kits to go trade with the WaterClaws."she interrupted. " She said WaterClaws know you as a 'friend'." she rolled her eyes.

"But we are friends! Once-" Leafdew argued.

"Alright. Leafdew, lets go!" The impatient Airclaw cat nudged her new friend.

Once they walked outside the cave, Leafdew skidded to a stop.

"Um, can I ask you a question?"Leafdew asked, feeling a little nervous. "This probably seems a little silly, but..."

"Yes...?"she waited for her to answer.

"Are you an AirClaw cat?" she finally blurted out.

Airpaw stared at her in horror. Oh no. she's finally found out who i am! This is very bad. Not because Leafdew and the other cats would know, because Airpaw was never good at keeping secrets.she remembered one time that she got in trouble for spoiling a lot of things...

It was another day at school, and it was awful. She had to sit by the nosy, mean, Smoketail and listen to professor cloudy drone on about the 6 clans.

It was a very special day, and no one even remembered it. It was not her birthday, but her pet bird's birthday. She had a lot of pet birds in her room. She even made a little wooden cage for them. Who knew that one time they got loose in the palace and flew into every room. The Queens guards went to kill every bird. Everybody thought she was nuts. Who keeps LIVE PREY that poops around your room? Then she found her only bird in her room. She named her Luckywing. Very cool name. She thought.

Then at lunch, she made up an excuse for forgetting her homework. All the cats fell for that excuse. She escaped school with Whiteout, Joypaw and Luckywing to go to the clouds to celebrate.

Later, Queen Spacemoon asked her what she was doing so late outside.Whiteout wasn't there, which was so bad because she couldn't think of any excuse. so she just told The Queen the truth really really fast.

"Itwasmpetbirdsbirthdayandwewentuptodecloudstcelebrate."

Queen Spacemoon eyed her suspiciously.

She was put in detention all week.

"So...are you?" Leafdew interrupted Airpaws thoughts.

She couldn't hide anymore. She couldn't lie, and she couldn't disappear and be back in her cave sleeping for eternity.

"Yesiambutpleasedontellanybody PLEASE!" She blabbed.

"What? Oh, OH! Okay, I don't know why you're talking about donut yams." She tried to sound cool.

Airpaw suddenly burst out laughing.

"What? What's wrong with yams? Or did i say something stupid again?" she asked.

Airpaw leaned closer to Leafdew and whispered into her ear and tried to say it more slowly."I am an Airclaw cat. Butpleasedontellanybody!" she mumbled on the last sentence.

"OH. MY. GOSH."Leafdew just stared at Airpaw.

"Um..."

"CLAWS AND CLOUDS! YOUR AN AIRCLAW?" she shouted excitedly.

"Keep the noise down, will ye?" an old guard shot back.

"Great." she rolled her eyes at Leafdew. "Now everybody will know that I'm an Airclaw cat. Hooray." she said sarcastically.

"Don't worry! Dandelion is super old. Listen to this." she exclaimed.

"Dandelion!"she called out.

"Eh? Daisy? Is that you?"the old cat looked up and squinted at Leafdew.

"No! It's me, Flowerpaw!"the Leafclaw cat said sarcastically.

"Flowers?"

The two kits burst out laughing.

Later, they went into the forest.they passed a few cats that were fixing the Queens den.

"There sure are a lot of cats here." Airpaw replied to her friend.

"Yup! Okay, follow me. And don't make a noise!" Leafdew warned as they sneaked past the sleeping guards.

This was not part of the forest. She had never seen anything like it.