chapter ten

Airpaw and Leafdew soon arrived at the cave Leafdew was mentioning earlier and stopped in front of it. It had a big boulder in front of the entrance, blocking their path. There were some tiny cracks in it, but only a frog or mouse could squeeze through them. The boulder sat there like an old, ancient building that sheltered bugs and worms. It was covered in dirty, dusty moss and a few claw marks on it as if a big cat with herculean energy lifted it up and rolled it away to the spot.

"How is this possible?" Airpaw whispered softly to the big leaf she was holding. "If this was an entrance, how would cats go into it? It looks old already like no one has even tried to move it."

Leafdew was by her, and the Leafclaw cat shrugged and replied back.
"I have no idea. Maybe I could try to squeeze in the cracks and try to find a way to move the boulder from inside?"

Airpaw thought about it and nodded with agreement. Leafdew smiled gratefully, now that she finally had an important role in helping Waterheart escape from the big villain. She shrank to the size of a tiny little mouse, then squeezed in the little hole at the bottom of the big stony boulder. Airpaw waited for a reply from the leaf, but there was no sound. She began to worry and squatted down to the hole where leafdew went in.

"Leafdew?" she whispered very softly.

"LEAFDEW?"She whisper-shouted frantically. She grunted in frustration and paced around quickly. Uuuugh... there must be a way inside there without shrinking! Then, she realized remembered a chapter in her favorite story, A Warriors Tale. The main character, a female warrior cat that was called Fierce(Felica), faced many problems as Airpaw did. She had once read about Fierce visiting the villain's secret lair to avenge her mother, and she went right through the stone wall like it was nothing but thin air. I guess that could work! Airpaw thought and when every second passed, she was determined to rescue Leafdew just like Fierce did. It's worth a try.

The little brave kit backed up slowly and breathed heavily. I can do this. I can do this I can do this I can do this. I CAN DO THIS!!! She squeezed her eyes tightly, held her breath, and ran full speed ahead of the big, stony boulder.

"AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!" she screamed and fled faster, hoping that this terror would end. Suddenly, she was getting closer to the boulder, faster and faster, and- Airpaw went right through the boulder!

She gasped, relieved to be in the cave, and collapsed to the ground, and felt the comforts of the solid floor. She looked around, getting herself together. It like a mess. There were so many doors and hallways, and there were so many scrolls and potions. It looked like a shop had just been robbed. Airpaw slowly got up, and explored the parts of the room. She peeked through every chamber, and they were all filled with jewels, scrolls, or potion. Hmmm, maybe i should take a potion with me, in case i need it. She looked around, then snatched the blue and green viles of liquid and tried to find Leafdew and Waterheart. The halls got quiter and quiter every conscious step Airpaw took.