Chapter nine

"Wow, that, that all happened to you?" Whiteout dropped his mouth open in shock. He shook his head slowly, and whispered, "Wow."

"That all happened to me, yup!" Airpaw meowed proudly.

"So, do you have to go to a meeting this evening?" Whiteout asked.

"Yeah!"

"Um, I have something to give you." Whiteout blushed and stammered nervously. He jumped out of the balcony and retrieved a yellow and pink rose and gave it to Airpaw. The petals were yellow, and it slowly faded to a pink, rosy color at the bottom. The stem was blank without pricks, and there were claw marks all over it as if someone had carefully picked out all the tiny prickles one by one, like exterminating little ants.

Awww, Did Whiteout prick the things all out for me? Airpaw thought.

"Um, I gave this to you because I missed you, and the rose is just like you. You're always happy and positive, and I think the pink part means that you can do anything, because you're so brave all the time. Cats always look down at their failures because they are afraid to look up and see an angry face. But you don't, because nothing can be in your way. That's why I think you're special, and that's why you're so kind and brave." He said slowly and gave Airpaw a warm smile.

"Aww, that's so nice of you, Whiteout!" She gazed deeply into the Airclaw kits of blue eyes. They leaned in and for a romantic kiss but were suddenly interrupted by a knocking on the door.

"Airpaw? Are you there? Queen Spacemoon told me to check on you." A voice boomed outside her room.

"Uhhhh, I'm okay!"Airpaw stuttered with panic. "I'm picking my dress now and I'm almost ready for the meeting."

"Alright, alright. The meeting's almost ready, and the guards are already waiting." The voice said. The footsteps echoed through the cold and empty hall, left alone two kits.

"Well, I guess I'll pick my fairy-tale kiss another day." Whiteout interrupted smugly and waved Airpaw goodbye.

Airpaw stared at the rose and sighed dreamily. She put the rose in Luckywings cage and picked out a velvet cape to wear.

Airpaw trotted down the hall and to the secret garden behind the castle. There were big, bushes with pretty flowers dotted on them, and vines that connected the statues of all the queens, and an unfinished piece of work of Queen Spacemoon. The statues were very old and some had spiderwebs by them and old cracks in some. They were all covered by a thin layer of soft dust, almost comforting to look at, not like the mossy dust that was dirty. There were blooming flowers, and The Queen's two guards were waiting in the middle in the garden.

"Princess Airpaw, it looks like you have received our message," Ashtail said with a loyal bow. "Were just waiting for the Queen."

"And I am here." Queen Spacemoon announced behind them. She wore a much fancier cape that was pure golden with glitter and she held a scepter with a vermillion color ruby on top of it. The royal queen flicked on a secret stone lever and the four cats disappeared and were teleported to the cat's ear.

They appeared in between two very large oak trees, and the leaves casted a shadow over the cats so they wouldn't be seen. They were in a canyon surrounded by big, red and brown rocky mountains that were shaped all like a cat's ear, pointy and straight. It was evening now, and the sky painted a pink and yellow shade over itself and clouds became misty and separated. The sun got low and the princess could barely see it. Another four cats popped up with a snap and greeted Queen Spacemoon.

"Callie! So nice to see you!" Queen Spacemoon said with a warm hug. Airpaw knew right away that it was Queen Calhoon, and she was a white cat with a blue, shadowy mark under her eyes. There was another little cat, smaller than Airpaw, that was standing alone in the canyon. She was a cream-colored kit, with a fluffy end on her long tail, and she had tiny crystals dotted on her wing. Her wing was different from Airpaws, it wasn't quite broken or damaged, it looked like the young Cloudclaw kit was just born with it. Airpaw stepped forward and said hello.