Chapter Seven

A bolt of water suddenly shot up from the water. Airpaw jumped back with a yelp, however, Leafdew stayed still as a rock and waited for the water to calm down.

"Hi Waterheart!" Leafdew waved to the blue cat  appearing to be standing on the sandy beach.

"Oh, hello!" Waterheart replied back. she shook all the water droplets out of her fur and traded the big seashell to Leafdew for her basket. She looked at Airpaw and hissed dismissively.

"You. Brought. An. Airclaw. Cat. To. My. Territory." She sneered. Waterheart crouched low and suddenly leaped and pinned Airpaw to the ground.

Leafdew gasped and tried to talk to Waterheart, But she ignored her.

"Waterheart!Stop! You're making a mistake! Airpaw's-"

"Airclaws! They are always lying about their existence! Tell me! Why are you here?" 

Airpaw wanted to tell her she was just strolling around with leafdew, but she couldn't. The aggressive Waterclaw was baring her teeth at her, and pinning down her neck. She struggled to breathe but she couldn't.

"Waterheart! Gah! She's with me!" Leafdew pulled Waterheart off of Airpaw.

Waterheart finally let go and Airpaw was gasping for breath and clutching her neck. The Waterclaw cat eyed her suspiciously and turned away.

Never knew someone... that was so ...aggressive... Airpaw panted.

"Airclaws are dangerous! Everyone knows that! What if they do something terrible? What if they kill our queen again? My mother." Waterheart warned.

Airpaw didn't understand. What did Waterheart mean by again. She knew that the Airclaws didn't leave the island, and they never killed the Waterclaws queen.

Waterheart was whispering to Leafdew and always flared at Airpaw.

"Um," Airpaw interrupted nervously. She wanted to let Waterheart know that they were never dangerous.

"What. Spit it out." Waterheart hissed.

"Um, i just want you to know that we never killed any Waterclaws. We never left our-um, camp." Airpaw quickly informed her. She didn't want her to choke her again, feeling all that horrible pain.

Waterheart raised her eyebrows and laughed.

"HA! WOW HAHAHA! SO IRONIC HAHAHA I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT HAHAHA THIS IS RIDICULOUS HAHAHA"

"Don't worry, Rocky, Waterheart can be a little cuckoo sometimes. I'll go calm her down." Leafdew whispered.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" Waterheart shouted at Leafdew.

"Hold on, what was the Airclaws name that killed your queen?" Airpaw asked.

Waterheart looked at her in confusion and snorted.

"Why would you wanna know their names? They're all dead already."

"Well," Airpaw stuttered. " I just wanna know them. Maybe they're my great-great ancestors or a criminal?"

"Stupid Airclaws. You cant do anything about them." The Waterclaw scoffed. " well, if ya really wanna know, there names were Smokefur and Cloudcatcher. Such snitches, they killed our queen and ran off. No army or such. Our patrols killed them and burned them in fire- the worst punishment a Waterclaw would have."She shuddered at that thought.

Oh! Smokefur! Smokefur was a wealthy and powerful criminal in Airclaw camp. He had a gang of mistifs that set off explosions and stole food and gold. Later, Queen Spacemoon's guards caught him messing and flirting with Dreamstuffer, the wealthy she-cat in camp and they threw him in the dungeon. But later, he escaped and no one had seen him before.

But Cloudcatcher, that isnt a normal Airclaw name. 

"Well, we all are done trading and had a fun time talking about fun stuff, right? Now, why dont we go?" Leafdew interrupted. Airpaw hadnt heard from her a long time, and missed her funny and sweet voice.

"Yes. um, bye Water-"

Waterheart leaped in the water with a big splash and turned into a mercat. Her tail flopped on the surface of the glittering, shining water and splashed water on Airpaw. When the water settled down and was crystal clear again, Waterheart gave them a mischievous smile and swam off.

The two kits walked away back to the temporary cave for Leafclaws and dried themselves off.

"So, um what are you gonna do now? Are you going to stay?" Leafdew sat by the crackling fire and stuffed herself with bananas.

"Well, i surly cant stay, i mean i belong to a different clan." Airpaw told her the truth. The Leafclaw cat looked shocked and looked down at the floor sadly.

"I understand. I know what that feels like. I'm not forcing you to stay." She said.

"But will you still come visit me?"

Airpaw smiled at placed her paw to Leafdews.

"Always."