Chapter 7... Evaluation

Today is evaluation day. We've been training for five days. Haymitch and I have learned to be in the same room without killing each other. Dawson has gotten an alliance with a district 11 girl, Rue. She's only twelve years old. But she's very smart. They've also paired up with a kid from district 3, his name is Reed. I think he's fourteen.

I'm waiting to be called into the training room. Everyone else has already gone. "Juniper Wayward," a voice calls. I stand up with a sigh. I walk into the training room, where I see targets and weapons galore. Eyes bore into me as I grab a bow and arrow, axe, and a hand full of knives. I wait for the first programmed target.
The first hologram rushes at me, and I throw a knife, hitting it, making the hologram disappear.
Then an axeman rushed at me. I ducked under him, and stabbed him in the back. I threw a knife at an archer, and hit it. I'm out of knives. I pull my bow, and knock an arrow. There are only four arrows. I use them on the archers.
Then three holograms com at me At once. I grab my axe, and prepare to swing. But instead, I throw it, taking them all out at once.
I turn around, to see the Gamemakers not paying any attention at all. I scowl, pick up a knife, and spot a cup in Senneca Crane's hand. Perfect. I aim the knife just right, and when he takes a sip, I throw the knife, pinning the cup against the wall.
They fell silent, and stared at me. "Review the footage if you want more of a show," I say with deadly calm. I turn and walk out of the room.
What was I thinking?