Chapter 4

DAYS passed, today is the second trial for Maple's case. Nandito muna ko sa firm dahil nagpatawag ng meeting si Mancini, laging wrong timing ang peg niya potek!

"Attorney Aziel Claverio, Criminal Attorney." So, siya pala 'yung sinasabi ni Mancini na isa pang Criminal Attorney.

"Attorney Elara Miranda." I smiled and shake his hand.

Nagkamabutihan kami, parehas kami ng mga kinahihiligan. Madali siyang pakisamahan mabuti na lang.

"Kaya ko kayo pinatawag, para samahan niyo si Attorney Miranda sa pangalawang trial na pangungunahan niya" Sabi ni Mancini.

Napa-irap na lang ako. "Ano 'ko bata?"

"Maraming matutunan 'tong dalawang 'to sa'yo, kaya isama mo na sa hearing mo ngayon." Sabi niya.

Wala kong nagawa kundi tumango na lang.

Hmp! Sabay-sabay kaming sumakay sa kotse ko.

"Are you nervous?" Tanong ni Aziel sa akin.

Napatingin naman ako sa kaniya, pero agad ko rin binalik 'yon sa daan. Ako kase nagdri-drive.

I smirked. "Why? Should I be nervous?"

I've been through earth, hell and heaven already. The thing that scare me might not be existing.

I'm wearing a formal attire, white long sleeve blouse and a set of gray slacks and blazer, naka tacked-in 'yung long sleeve. May dala din akong briefcase, I also wear a closed toe heels and my contacts.

Every court have their own rules and dress coding, it's better to know them first before wearing something or going in the court.

Pumasok kami sa loob ng court room, katabi ko si Maple isang upuan lang ang pagitan namin, dumating na rin 'yung Prosecutor in-charge, all I can say. I don't like her vibe and aura.

Ramdam na ramdam ko ang takot at kaba ni Maple na katabi ko ngayon. Balisa siya, lingon ng lingon at pinagkikiskis ang kanyang mga kuko.  Nginitian ko siya at hinawakan sa kamay para iparamdam na hindi na niya kailangan pang matakot.

I have a few tricks on my sleeve. I saw Mancini inside, lumapit siya sa'kin at may ibinulong.

"You have a secret card to turn the case right?" I smiled and look at him.

"My secret card is my beautiful face." And winked.

I saw him rolled his eyes and sat down at the audience chair beside Aziel. I smiled and wait for the trial to begin.

"All rise. Department one of the Superior court is now in session. Judge Kcel Lozaro presiding."

"Good morning, Ladies and Gentlemen. Calling the case of the People of the Philippines vs. Maple Santiago. Case number 18 00246 1." She stopped for seconds. "You may all sit down." She added. "Are both sides ready?" The Judge first remark.

"Yes, Your Honor."

The trial started again, I was paying attention on what is the Prosecution is trying to point out. The State researcher is on the Witness stand answering question.

"As the State researcher, you personally observed and analyze the crime scene, didn't you?" The Prosecutor asked.

The State Researcher nodded. "Yes, I did."

"The Defendant claimed that she accidentally killed the Victim while getting harass and physical fighting with him." She looked at him. "Did your findings coincide with her claims?"

"They did not. The spatter stains in this case only happen when the attacker stabbed the Victim very forcefully from front."

Humarap naman ang Prosecutor sa Judge. "That is all, Your Honor."