Chapter 7

{Hana P.O.V}

It was the day of the meeting with all of the fire force captains. It took a lot of convincing from Konro and I to get Beni to agree to attend the meeting. The twins will be looking after Harue and Kaori while we're gone. I dressed neatly in my kimono as I walk towards the enterance to meet up with Konro and Beni.

They both turn towards me with their usual expressions with a small smile from Konro and no expression from Beni

They both turn towards me with their usual expressions with a small smile from Konro and no expression from Beni. Beni was carrying Kaori and Harue was holding onto his pants. The twins were there too.

"You don't have to dress nicely for those empire bastards". While Beni was talking, Kaori hand pulled on his hair and was trying to put it in his mouth, which he tends to do with a lot it things now. Beni had his head tilted to the side to keep Kaori from chewing on it.

"Huh, but this is how I normally dress" I innocently replied as Konro and the twins laughed quietly behind me, but all I got was a blank expression from Beni.

"Mama, I think you look pretty everyday" said Harue as she let go of Beni's pants to hold onto my dress.

"Me to, me to" said Kaori as he reached out his hands for me to carry him. I grabbed him as he leaned his head onto my chest, letting go of Beni's hair.

"Thank you so much" as I bent down to kiss Harue on the forehead and Kaori as well.

I put Kaori on the ground as we were about to leave. Harue was holding hands with Hinata and the other hand held Kaori's. Right when we were about to leave, I was stopped by a tug at the end on my dress. We all turn to see that Kaori was the culprit.

I bent down as I spoke, "It's alright, I will be back soon, I just need to go out with Papa and Uncle Konro for a little bit". He just shook his head and held on tighter which made me worry.

"Hey Kaori" that got his attention towards Beni. "I need you to look after Harue, Hinata, and Hikage here. Can you do that for me" Kaori reluctantly nodded as he let go of my dress.

Beni the looked at the twins and Harue, "make sure he doesn't eat anything he's not suppose to".

"We got it" "You can count on us". With that, we set off towards the meeting place.

"Thank you for helping me Dear" as I held onto his hand.

"Of course" which is his usual short answer.

"Before the kids were born, I could have never imagined Waka being gentle with children. Especially with how Hinata and Hikage talk"