Chapter 18

{Hana P.O.V}

My vision became clearer as I woke up from what felt like a long dream. I stared up at the ceiling of our bedroom. The room was dark with the exception of a glowing lantern sitting in the corner. I noticed that my clothes were different from the one that I was wearing earlier.

The door suddenly slowly opened, letting the bright light from the hallway flood in from the crack in the door. Standing at the door was Harue with Kaori holding her hand. Both started to cry almost immediately after they saw that I was awake.

Both children ran towards me with Harue being the fastest to hug me around my neck as she sat on her knees beside our bed. Kaori was a little slower because he tripped, but that didn't stop him from getting up again to come hug my chest with his tiny fist clenching the fabric on my shoulders.

"WAAA! Mama, you're okay! Mama's awake!" (Harue).

"AHHH! MAMA!" (Kaori).

I placed my hands on my crying children's heads to comfort them. "Yes, I'm okay, I'm so glad" as I also started to tear up at how much I made my children worry.

Their cries became hiccups as Beni walked into the room with his hands in his sleeves and his usual demeanor.

"I told you two to stay out of the room while your mother is resting" (Benimaru).

"That's not fair, you got to stay with Mama all day already!" (Harue).

Kaori just nodded in agreement with his sister, but you can definitely see the sparks flying between my husband and daughter. It made me laugh a little as Konro had to get involved once more and carry both Harue and Kaori as they screamed and struggled. Konro wished me good health before he left the room and closed the door as their screams became more distant.

Beni kneeled down beside me where Harue was previously. I struggled to sit upright since my back gave me so much pain. Beni helped me up as I leaned on his chest, under his chin with his arms wrapped around me, being cautious with my back.

"How long was I asleep for?" (Hana).

"You were only asleep for a day" (Benimaru).

There was a long silence before I felt his arms tighten around me.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't able to protect you" he said low as I felt his tears dampen my hair.

"I am still alive and that is all that matters, so you didn't break your promise" (Hana).

"But you almost died, how can you be so calm about this!" (Benimaru).

"Because then, we would have two people yelling and we can't have that. Nobody saw the arrow so there was nothing we could have done to prevent that from happening" (Hana).

 Nobody saw the arrow so there was nothing we could have done to prevent that from happening" (Hana)