Bullies, You Either Hate 'Em Or You Break 'Em

*Y/N POV*

You were in Blondie's combat class, watching Jaune getting humiliated by the dickwad you know as Cardin.

As you were watching the fight, you kept pondering about two things.

'How is Jaune THAT bad? I mean, I gotta imagine that he's atleast got SOME fighting experience.'

You then look at your scroll again to buy a ticket to a horror movie called 'The Silent Place'.

'Yeah, that's a good one... right? Aww jeez, she might get too scared though.'

This is the 50th movie that you thought to take Ruby out to, but the more you think about it, the more you think it's too bland.

As you were thinking of another movie, or maybe even another date idea, you see Jaune get knocked back.

He gets up and leans on his sword, Cardick on the other hand is as smug as ever, standing with his mace on his shoulder.

'Bet that mace got more attention from your mother than you, you arrogant prick.'

Jaune then tries to hit the dickwad, but Cardick easily dodges and knocks Jaune back.

Jaune doesn't give up though, as he goes in for another hit, but gets easily blocked by Cardick, and he gets overpowered by Cardick.

Cardick:"This is the part where you lose."

Jaune:"Over my dead-"

Jaune then gets hit in the gut by Cardick, he falls to the ground and Cardick prepares to hit the finishing blow.

'Why did I help this dipshit in the initiation again? If only I could go back in time.'

You were about to intervene, when Ruby stopped you.

Y/N:"What are you d-?"

The buzzer then goes off.

Prof. Goodwitch:" Cardin, that's enough."

Ruby:"She's there for a reason y'know?"

Y/N:"Oh, right. Sorry..."

You scratch the back of your neck and Ruby giggles a bit.

Ruby:"It's fine."

You both then listen to Blondie.

Prof. Goodwitch:"Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match. Mr. Arc it's been weeks now, please try to refer to your scroll during combat, gauging your aura will help you decide whether it is appropriate to attack, or when it's better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now would we?"

Cardick:"Speak for yourself."

Prof. Goodwitch:"Remember everyone! The Vytal Festival is only a few months away. It won't be long before students from other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale. Well since we still have a bit of time, Mr. Joestar! Would you like to participate in combat?"

Y/N:"Wha-? But-! Ugh, yare yare daze. Fine!"

You go up to the stage and Team RWBY cheers for you.

Ruby:"Yeah! Show 'em who's boss!"

Yang:"Break a leg!"

Weiss:"Don't be too cocky."

Blake:"Good luck Y/N!"