Worried

Ahsoka stood up glancing at her wrist comm. Anakin had called again. 

He must be crazy worried about us. She thought. 

She bet he was on the way to find them at the moment. The group of people around them dispersed and went back to what they were doing. 

" The General called again." Rex said in a hushed voice.

 " I know, he called me too, but we can't risk getting caught. Not now." Ahsoka murmured back.

  Devin came up to them. " I never caught your names." 

Rex spoke for the both of them. " My name is Rex, and this is my sister Ashla" he gestured to Ahsoka. 

" My name's Devin. So, are you guys planning on delivering the weapons and bombs with us tomorrow?" he asked in a snooty way. 

Who does this guy think he is, some sort of well known bounty hunter,  Ahsoka mused. 

" Yep, we're ready for anything, as long as the Republic pay for what they did to us." Ahsoka said without thinking trying to sell the story.

 Devin was interested. "Really, what did they do to you."

 Ahsoka stuttered. " Well, they, uh..they." she looked at Rex for help.

 " They caused our parents to loose their jobs. There was an incident, our business was shut down, a Jedi came and kicked us out of our home and told us we couldn't live there anymore. We were forced to move down here and have struggled for years to get back on our feet." Rex filled in.

 " Yeah, its been hard on our family. We've been waiting a long time to get revenge on the Jedi that did nothing to help us." Ahsoka added.  

Devin seemed to empathize with them. " Similar thing happened to me, except my family wasn't so lucky. My parents died in a shooting. Clones swarmed the area chasing a thief, they started shooting at him. One of the clones missed and the stray bullet hit my mother in the chest. My father attacked the clone for killing her, the clones told him to calm down but he wouldn't. Their comments only made him angrier. They shot him, saying he was to dangerous to be kept alive. I was only 8 when watched both of them die right in front of me. And the thief they were chasing got away, so it was all for nothing. Those stupid good for nothing Republic clones killed them for nothing!" Devin angerily told them.

 Rex started to get defensive, those were his brothers that he was talking about. Ahsoka could feel Rex's anger radiate off of him.

" I'm sorry to hear about your parents." she quickly said. 

" Thanks, anyways, its getting late, muggers and more violent gangs roam around. I suggest you find shelter, just remember to meet back here at 0900." Devin stated before turning away into the darkness. 

The alley was now empty, only Ahsoka and Rex remained Rex turned to Ahsoka. " I guess there's no getting out of this now." 

" I guess not, we have to report this to Anakin... Anakin! Oh no, he's gonna be mad that we didn't respond!" Ahsoka took off running back towards the apartment.

 " Come on Rex, we can't keep him waiting." she called back to him.  

" Prepare yourself for the lecture." Ahsoka said when they got to the complex. 

They ran inside and rushed for the room. 

" Here goes nothing." Rex nervously said as he opened the door. 

The door swung open to reveal a livid Anakin standing with his arms crossed.