Chapter 13

(P.S.: read my new story : A NEW WORLD. ❤️)

Alexandra's POV

"She what?" I shrugged. What can I say. She surprised me too.

"She said that she wants you to give her another chance." He looked like he's in deep thoughts. After a few minutes he stormed out of the room. I was left alone. Well I didn't love Brandon nor did I like him but still I'm his fiance. I should be hurt. And my heart was sinking while she talked.

It's a lot to take in. She barged into our engagement announcement. She threatened me in a letter and then she comes to ask me to help her. If Brandon still loves her , I will help her and that's my decision.

"Conor!"

"Yes my Lady?"

"Please tell Brandon I want to see him at 8."

"Okay my Lady."

"Thank you." He bowed and left be alone again.

"Alex!" My 2 favorite girls came running to me.

"Hey!"

"We missed you!!"

"You saw me yesterday!" I said laughing.

"Still we missed you." They pouted.

"How can you both be so cute?" I kissed their cheeks and the giggled.

"When I get well we'll go shopping." I told them.

"Yay!!" They screamed.

"Come on girls leave Alex to rest."

"Okay mom." She sent me a kiss in the air and left with my sisters. I resumed reading my book.

And then he held her hand and caressed her cheek . He was so in love with her that he couldn't bare seeing her in this state.

"I love you!" She was surprised by his confession.

"I love you too." And then they kissed.

Ugh the ending is so cliche I hate it. I would go to the library and choose another book. But as much as it is cliche I wonder if someday I would be loved this way. I can't imagine how I would love someone. One word came into my mind. Brandon. But I knew better than to think about him like that. I can't love someone so rude and heartless. I want someone who is caring and full of life. And I hope the best for Brandon and that's why if he still loves Elena I will help them go back together.

|||

5 days later.

"Brandon!" I had a plan in my head tonight. I just have to talk to Brandon. Because that day when she came he was 'busy'.

"What?"

"I was thinking about something."

"And?"

"What if Elena is really sorry. I mean she seemed like she loves you a lot. I think she deserves another chance." He was silent for a moment.

"Alexa we're not playing here!"

"I'm sorry it's just that we don't love each other and yo-"

"Alexandra enough." He was mad. Well sorry Elena.

"Fine. You'll die alone!" He stood up abruptly but before he can say or do anything a guard knocked on the door.

"What?"

"Your highness King Ace wants you immediately." Brandon left as soon as he heard his father's name. What's wrong?

"Brandon wait!" I walked behind him until we found his father.

"Father!"

"Brandon come son. Alex good you came I want to tell you something."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Brandon you have to go to Greymont."

"Why?"

"We want to sign a peace treaty with them. I don't want the kingdom of Krayelon to beat us to it."

"Yes father. I will go and you won't be disappointed."

"I'm sure of it son. While you are away Alex will take care of your daily routines." Omg no!

"Yes uncle Ace."

"Don't worry Alex you will have fun."

"I'm sure I will." I said with a fake smile.

"Tonight Brandon you'll leave. You'll be gone for a week maximum."

"Okay I will tell Laura to pack my things."

"Good luck son." Uncle Ace patted Brandon's back. I loved their relationship as father and son.

"Alexa come with me."

"Okay."

We went back to his room and I sat on the chair while he checked the letters on his bed. He loved getting letters from his people and enjoyed reading them.

"Alexa I want you to stop thinking about getting me back with Elena. I hate her!" It was crystal clear he was lying.

"Yes whatever." He scowled.

"Alexa I'm serious."

"Okay fine I get it." We heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!"

"Lady Alexandra sir Robert is asking to see you."

"Tell him she doesn't want to see him!"

"NO! Laura please help Brandon with his packing I'll go see him." She looked torn between me and Brandon, while we both were glaring at each other.

I left the room and went downstairs. Lea and my mom were standing with him. Lea seemed uncomfortable while mom was glaring at him. He had an uneasy look on his face.

"Hey Robert."

"Hey Ale- I mean lady Alexandra." He was looking at something or someone behind me. Why does he always stand behind me?!

"Let's go take a walk in the gardens." I told him and we both left the chilly room.

"How are you today?" He asked me.

"I'm fine. Brandon is going away for a week."

"You seem sad."

"Yeah well I have to do his daily routines while he's away." I sighed.

"It's not that bad. You get to talk with people." He cheered me up.

"That's the best part."

"I heard you hurt yourself few days ago."

"Yeah it' nothing really."

"Thank god you're okay now." He stopped and looked at me. I blushed under his gaze.

"Uhm ." I was lost at words. I was affected by his gaze but there was no butterflies in my stomach. I'm not nervous like when I'm with Brandon. Stop thinking about him Alex!

"Well I should go now. I'm glad I was able to see you."

"I'm glad you came." He kissed my hand and left. He has some manners. Unlike someone I know. Why do I keep comparing him with people!

"Is he gone?" I was startled by Brandon's voice.

"You scared me." I put a hand on my heart.

"Is he gone?" He repeated his question.

"Yes he's gone."

"Good."

"What's wrong with you?!"

"Your highness your grandparents are here to see you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote and comment.
❤️❤️