Chapter 20

Alexandra's POV

2 weeks later

"Alex! Dinner is ready." I looked one more time at the mirror and took a deep breath.

It has been 2 weeks since I last saw Brandon. He was working hard on finding the attackers and he didn't come to eat with us. He is good now and his wound healed. Tonight I will tell him that the moment he will be crowned king, I will accept Johnny's proposal. I left my room and went to the dinning room.

"Good evening." I said entering the room. All the heads turned towards me.

"Good evening Alex come sit." Uncle Ace said. I smile and sat next to harry and mom.

Brandon was sitting on his father's left. I took a good look at him. A stubble has grown on his face and he looked tired. Even though he looked handsome as ever. He caught me checking him out. I blushed and looked at Harry.

"Will you talk to him today?"

"Yeah. In 1 month he will be crowned king."

"Alex I hope you thought about this well."

"I did Harry don't worry." I gave him a reassuring smile.

After dinner and some glares from Brandon I went to my room to freshen up. I really hope we won't argue. I went to his office and knocked. I heard an 'enter'. I opened the door and was greeted by an angry Brandon and 2 other men.

"What do you want Alexa."

"I need to speak with you."

"Leave. I'll tell you when to come back." The two men nodded and left us alone. Suddenly I'm nervous all over again.

"Well?"

"I...uhm...Johnny...."

"Alexa I don't have all the day. Speak." I sighed.

"I was wondering when you'll be c-crowned king because Johnny proposed to m-"

"No."

"What?"

"You won't marry that wimp."

"And why is that?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Because I'm your fiance now." He roared. He has angry issues and I hate it.

"Yes but after you become k-" he stood up abruptly.

"Is this why he keeps coming here?"

"What? No!"

"Do you love him?" He said in a low voice.

"Brand-"

"Answer the damn question damn it!" What do I say? No and expose my secret? No he won't know anything. I kept it hidden for 2 years and it will stay that way.

"Yes." He sat back on his chair.

"Leave Alexandra." Alexandra? What happened to Alexa?

"This was all a deal I don't know why you are so angry about it."

"Because- just leave I'm in no mood." I looked at him for a full minute and left.

When I closed the door I heard something being smashed inside. I turned around and entered again. I saw Brandon standing next to a broken vase and a big whole on the wall. His hand was bloodied and he was fuming. I ran to him and grabbed his hand he tried taking it from me but I didn't let him.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He glared at me. "I'm going to get the doctor."

"No need." He hissed.

"What do you mean no need? It can get infected!"

"Alexa I said no need."

"Fine then let me do it." He followed me to my room.

I keep there all my first aid kit. We entered my bathroom and he put his hand on the sink. I opened the water and he hissed when it hit his hand.

"You're acting like a child. Why did you break the vase." He didn't reply he just kept looking at me.

I took the towel and dried his hand. I then grabbed some alcohol and cleaned his wound. After rinsing it again I put the bandage around his hand. Once I'm done he left the bathroom.

"Idiot."

"Bitch."

"Dimwit."

"Stupid."

"Ugly!" I screamed. He looked surprised and I saw his mouth was twitching. Well ugly is definitely not a word for Brandon oh so gorgeous face.

"You're both acting like an old married couple." Lea said amused. "What happened to your hand?!" She gasped.

"Nothing Alexa didn't take care of." He said looking my way. "I have work I'm going back to my office." Brandon left me alone with Lea.

"Well?" She asked smirking.

"Uhm... his hand was bleeding and I..."

"No Alex I mean you two bickering and having fun." I laughed.

"It's anything but having fun."

"Oh trust me dear this is the beginning of l-"

"Alex." My dad cut Lea. "Oh Lea sorry I didn't know you were here."

"It's okay Jake. We were just chatting." She winked at me. "Anyway I'll be leaving you both I'm going to see Regina."

"Alex dear did you speak to Brandon?"

"Yes dad." I whispered remembering the incidents.

"And?"

"He was angry."

"Obviously." He snorted.

"Dad! You know I don't want to marry Johnny."

"Then don't sweetheart."

"No dad. I don't want to but I should." I said sadly.

"I'm sure you're not making the right choice."

"It's okay I did love Johnny."

"You did. You don't anymore baby girl." He hugged me.

"I know." My voice broke at the end.

|||

"Alex are you ready?"

"Yeah!" I put my lipstick and thanked the maids that helped me get ready.

Today a friend of Brandon and his fiance are coming to visit us. Apparently they were childhood best friends. He was gone for a while with the army to the other side of the kingdom but he's back now and we are going to meet him tonight. Let's hope his fiance is not a bitch. I left my room to see Harry and Brandon waiting for me. They both stared at me.

"What?"

"Nothing now come on." I put my hand in Brandon's big one. Our hands fitted perfectly.

We descended the stairs to the royal sitting room. A tall man and a woman were laughing at something uncle Ace said. He did tell me to stop calling him uncle since he'll be my father in law but you know I can't because he won't. They turned to look at us when we entered. The girl is gorgeous. She had blue eyes and brown hair.

"Hello your highness." They both bowed to Brandon.

"Andrew." Brandon shacked his friend's hand.

"Alexa this is Andrew's fiance, Maria."

"It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine." She smiled. I feel we're gonna be friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote and comment.
❤️❤️