Chapter 27

Alexandra's POV

"Alex we're here." I opened my eyes to see we were in front of my grandpa's house. I groaned but got up following my dad. Grandpa was outside waiting for us. And guess with who? Johnny. Ugh. I hate seeing him.

"Grandpa." I ran and hugged him.

"Hello princess."

"She would have been a princess if not for someone." Harry said glaring at Johnny. Johnny looked at his feet with a small blush.

"Harry." I warned him.

"Okay okay." He raised his hand in defeat.

"Gwandpa!" The twins ran and my grandpa grabbed them kissing their cheeks.

"Hi dad." Mom hugged him too. My dad looked distant. He was never like that.

"Hello son."

"Hello." He faked a smile. We entered the mansion to see the maids waiting for us.
2 butlers grabbed our luggages and I headed to my room.

"I'm going to rest. I'll see you when dinner's ready." I told them and they nodded.

I entered my room. Before I left I just wanted to stay here. Now I want to be anywhere but here. I looked at my untouched room. Last time I was here was 3 months ago when grandpa requested me and Harry to come. The thing is I knew I was going to leave but now I'm stuck here. At Graceland. I laid on the bed and muffled my screams of pain in the mattress. The pain that was shooting in my heart. I think I fall in love with him. With Brandon. But does he feel the same way? It doesn't matter now.

|||

I woke up to a knock on my door. My eyes hurt from all the crying. The door opened to reveal Johnny. What does he want now? Isn't my misery enough for him to understand I don't want to see him before the wedding! I just hope someone finds the thing I left back home.

"Baby are you up?" She approached me.

"Don't call me baby and don't approach me. Stay back." I glared at him.

"Alex what happened to your love for me?" I was angry and I knew it.

"It vanished the second you rejected me, saying you're not ready. It vanished the second I left Graceland. It vanished the second I started loving someone else." I screamed at him.

"You're getting married to me. You better stop this nonsense. You don't love Brandon. You love me."

"You're wrong!" I stood up and went to my bag. "Get out I want to get ready." Without another word he left.

The sun was out and it was the next day. I skipped dinner because I was so tired. Tomorrow is my unfortunate wedding. It's the day I will start living in misery. Why can't I escape this life. Why can't anyone help me! Oh dear god what have I done in my life that I'm getting punished for it by marrying Johnny. I wore a beautiful dress and left the room.

"Alex honey breakfast is ready."

"Thank you Brenda."

Brenda was a maid here, but she loved us like her children and we loved her like a mother. She was sweet to us and helped us in many occasions. I entered the dinning room to see grandpa at the head of the table and in each side was mom and dad. The twins were next to mom while Harry was next to dad. I took my place next to Harry and he smiled at me.

"Good morning." I mumbled.

"Good morning." They replied.

"Alex after breakfast you're going to buy a wedding dress with your mother." Grandpa says. Dad glared at him. I wonder what's wrong with them. When we finished breakfast dad left the room and I followed him.

"Dad are you okay?" He halted in his steps and turned to look at me.

"No. No I'm not." I ran to him and hugged him. "I can't believe I'm letting you enter this misery while I can't do anything about it." My tears fell on my face and I hugged the most important man in my life.

"It's okay dad. It won't be that bad. Johnny was my childhood crush and we were best friends. We'll love each other eventually." I smiled at him and he  nodded.

"Alex come on baby let's go." Mom came to us. She kissed dad on his lips and looked at me.

"Okay mom." I smiled and we left to see the carriage waiting for us.

"Alex we failed you as parents." Mom said out of nowhere.

"No mom. You're the best parents I could ask for. This is my choice. You didn't force me into this. Please stop thinking like that." I hugged her as we arrived at the town's store.

"Welcome my ladies." She old lady welcomed us. I rarely come to her store since it's for brides. I came once with my mom's friend.

"Hello." Mom said politely.

"The dress that your father recommended is ready." She looked at my mother. We followed her to see a beautiful yet simple dress.

"Try it on." She said enthusiastically

|||

It was the day. The day I'll be married to Johnny. Today I'll welcome hell in its best form. Mom requested a make up artist for me. She did my make up and my hair. I looked presentable. But my eyes looked dull. Devoid of life. I wonder what a happy bride would have felt on this day.

"Alex you ready?" I heard my dad saying from behind the door.

"Yes dad I'm ready." I opened the door and dad was wearing his formal suite. He looked good. My dad was a good looking man and many of my friends admired him.

I put my arm in his and we waited behind the double doors. The music started playing and two guards opened the door for us. I walked to the altar where Johnny was standing with a smile on his face. I wish I could wipe it off. My dad glared at him and he put my hand in his and left to take a seat.

"We are gathered here today-" I blocked the rest. I wasn't in the mood I want this to end quickly.

"I do." I heard Johnny say. I looked at the priest.

"Alexandra Maria Marlowe would you-"

"No!" What ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote and comment.
❤️❤️