Chapter 7

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

"Are you certain you weren't followed?" Vince's voice dropped lower than one could imagine, opening the door as his eyes looked around for any potential enemy but he was also quick to shoot an apologetic gaze at the new comer for sounding too lordly.

"No. I slipped her out as soon as I got the chance." it was Lord Augustine with Lady Jizelle hurriedly walking into the manor.

Vince then released a relieved sigh after closing the door, never did he imagine that they would be put in a position such as this. There had been a weight on his chest that kept pressing onto him since he ran away with Jennie. Perhaps it was because of that—he ran away. He left the rest of them so he could get Princess Jennie out. There wasn't enough time on his hands. He had to think and act fast. And when he saw Jay and Christian, he knew he could count on them and the others to protect the queen.

God knows he wanted to comeback as soon as they arrived at Lady Roseanne's manor. But before he could even go, bells rang, from one town to another—announcing a new monarch on the throne. Everything happened so quick. Just that morning he was carrying out the queen's order, trying to gather as much information he can about the usurper, little did he know that the same usurper would come waltzing into their palace that afternoon—taking the throne in a matter that didn't even last an hour.

He'd been on the edge since, not knowing the extent of the situation, what happened to the queen and the others, where do they go from here—he knew nothing and it's driving him mad.

The manor was coated in thick tension as the three entered it, making their way in the large lounge area where Jennie and Roseanne are at. Other than Roseanne and Jennie exchanging embrace and the former offering comfort that afternoon, they haven't said anything else since. They've just been waiting—waiting for something, someone or some news.

And they all knew the news isn't going to be pleasant.

Roseanne was seated by the chaise, clasping and unclasping her hands in a constant need of some sort of reassurance. Jennie was by the window, devastatingly beautiful despite her face devoid of emotions—but in her eyes tell tales of chaos.

"Jizelle!" Roseanne shot up from her seat and almost stumbled on her feet as she ran to embrace the lady.

Jennie, despite her efforts to hide it, showed relief after hearing the lady's name as she made her way to greet her in hurried steps. Another wave of relief washed over her as soon as she saw who Jizelle came with.

"I'm glad you made it safe here." Lord August's voice were muffled against Jennie's hair, as the latter quickly clung onto him for an embrace. She didn't respond but her embrace tightened at the sound of his voice, his hands rubbed her back gently in response. Speaking wasn't an option for Jennie because she knew how her voice would expose the turmoil of worries she's been keeping inside.