Chapter 16

━━━━━━ ◦ ⚜ ◦ ━━━━━━

There's an eerie glow in the night sky.

Quiet, but at the same time Lisa could hear a very faint running and shouting of men from above. Her own footsteps echoing the background as she walks down the secret passage. She wrinkled her nose at the smell of the burning torch she holds to light up the cold and dark tunnel. Bits and pieces of images clicking onto her memory as if the dream that ultimately led her to finally run off is finally coming to fruition.

Lisa hurried her steps in the infinite-like darkness of the secret passage through the library with the help of the elites. She was supposed to be escorted by Lord Jay who was to journey with her to bring her to Roslavia. But they had to change plans the last minutes. Lisa's sentries were found drugged outside her chambers rather too quickly. And so, Jay had to lead the guards away, allowing Lisa to escape by herself.

Lisa knew she's almost at the end of the tunnel, she could hear the waves of midnight blue lapping against the glittering shore. 

And finally, the moonlight greeted her.

From afar, she could see her sailboat tucked in the shadows of the rocky shore. Lisa made the run for it, clutching her saddle bag which held a map and other devices to help her with her journey. She tried to remember Jay's instructions as she never had an experience voyaging on her own, she'll worry about that later. But...

"Going somewhere, luv?"

Everything in her went cold and still at the sound of that voice. She didn't need to turn around to see who it was that caught her.

Lisa ran, as fast as she could manage, just like in her dream. Every second of that dream is coming to reality. She couldn't help but panic for she remembers how this will all end. But Lisa still hoped her dream could be used to her advantage, she had a good memory of how it ended, therefore giving her a huge chance to change the outcome. Recollection of images, words and sounds are slowly recollected as it's happening. And so far, everything has been the same. Every step, every breath and every word.

She'll need time, she needs to slow him down. For when she reaches her sail boat, she'll need to push it off the shore and he'd be able to catch up to her when she does so.

Lisa waved her hands, the ocean water following her movement as she sent it towards the king in pursuit. The water hardened mid-air, looking like tiny arrows of icicle raining down on him, but he only shattered each piece with his sword.

"Stop this right now!" he ordered.

She halted on her feet, he did too, as if to not encourage her to run away again.