Diagon Alley

I walked cautiously along the shops of Knockturn Alley, Draco was at my side, holding a shiny black box.

"Your father actually trusts me enough to bring me here?" I whispered to Draco.

Draco shrugged and whispered back, "Why wouldn't he? Besides, he thinks you won't say anything because you're just a child."

I turned around and saw Lucius behind us, looking out for any ministry officials.

I don't get it, Lucius is so influential in the ministry, why would he want to come to Knockturn Alley to sell things?

We walked into Borgin and Burkes, a shady shop full of dark objects. Draco looked around and began touching a creepy looking statue.

Lucius came in and smacked his staff on the statue which made Draco retract his hand.

"Don't touch anything, Draco. You too, Y/N." He said sternly and walked to the counter.

"Yes, father." Draco looked his father up and down fearfully.

Yeesh, is Lucius still mad at Draco because Hermione received better grades than him?

"Ah, Mr. Malfoy. A pleasure to see you again, and young Master Malfoy too. Delighted. Is that...Miss. Crankshaw?" said the seedy shopowner Borgin.

"Yes, Borgin. We're just taking her to Diagon Alley later. Shall we get down to business?" Lucius answered in his suave voice.

I stopped listening to what they were saying and began looking around the shop. I must say, the shop does have very interesting stuff there. Interesting, but dark.

I spotted a cabinet and walked to it, seeing a familiar scar inside.

Blimey, it was Harry Potter!

I winked at Harry and walked off, not wanting to draw too much attention to it.

I leaned against the door frame, looking at Draco in adoration.

He had turned from cute to handsome over the summer, which only strengthened my crush on him.

Oh god, am I turning into another Pansy?

Draco walked over to that same cabinet containing Harry, and he was about to open it when Lucius used his staff to stop the cabinet from opening.

"What did I say?" He rebuked.

"Touch nothing." Draco mimicked his father's voice.

"Exactly," Lucius sneered.

"Sorry, father." Draco apologized and walked over to my side.

"It's fine," I comforted him and squeezed his hand.

-----------------------------------------

I sat on the floor of the top landing in Flourish and Botts with Draco, he was leaning over the balcony, looking down at women fussing over Gilderoy Lockhart who was in Flourish and Botts too.

Gilderoy Lockhart is a famous author, or actually famous for his good looks.

"Harry Potter's down there, taking a picture with Gilderoy Lockhart." Draco spat.

I put down the book I was reading and raised an eyebrow.

"Why?" I asked.

"He's famous Harry Potter, of course." Draco sneered and picked up a book himself.

He saw Harry coming out of the crowd and ripped the page he was reading out of the book and stuffed it into his pocket.

"Bet you loved that, didn't you, Potter? Famous Harry Potter, can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page." He sneered while I came down the stairs to join him.

"Leave him alone," Ginny Weasley stepped forward and said fiercely.

I snickered.

"Oh look, Potter. You got yourself a girlfriend." Draco sneered.

"You can't make fun of Harry for that, seeing as you've already got one." Ron snapped.

Draco's eyes darted to me then Ron.

"We're not dating yet, Weasley." He sneered.

Yet?

Lucius came and placed his staff on Draco's shoulder, moving him away. "Now, now, Draco. Play nicely."

Draco rolled his eyes and stood beside me, shooting the trio and the other Weasleys death glares.

"Mr. Potter," He greeted Harry and held out his hand, "Lucius Malfoy. We meet at last."

As Harry took Lucius's hand, Lucius pulled Harry closer and inspected his scar. "Forgive me. Your scar is legend, as of course is the wizard who gave it to you."

"Voldemort killed my parents, he is nothing more than a murderer." Harry seethed. I have to agree to that.

"Mm, you must be very brave to mention his name, or very foolish," Lucius said.

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself," Hermione said bravely.

"And you must be...Miss. Granger. Yes, Draco's told me all about you and your parents. Muggles, aren't they?" Lucius sneered at her.

Hermione put her head down, her eyes were welling up with tears.

"Let me see...red hair...vacant expressions...tatty second-hand book." -he took Ginny's book out of her cauldron- "You must be the Weasleys." Lucius continued.

Why does he like picking people apart so much?

"Children, it's mad in here. Let's go outside." Mr. Weasley walked over and said, pretending not to notice Lucius.

"Well, well, well. Weasley senior." Mr. Malfoy said.

"Lucius," Mr. Weasley said curtly.

"Busy time at the Ministry, Arthur, all those extra raids? I do hope they're paying you overtime, but judging by the state of this, I'd say not. What's the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?" Lucius said smugly.

"We have a very different idea about what disgraces the name of wizard, Malfoy." Mr. Weasley said strongly.

"Clearly. Associating with Muggles...and I thought your family could sink no lower. I'll see you at work." Lucius said and beckoned to Draco.

"See you at school." Draco sneered at Harry and gave Ron a menacing glare before leaving.

I faced the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione.

"Sorry about the Malfoys, I truly am. I'll see you all at school." I smiled apologetically and went to catch up with Draco.