Umbridge

"Is this safe?" I asked Luna as I got onto the back of a Thestral.

"Oh, positive, they're very gentle, you see," Luna replied softly.

"On second thought, I'll get off them," I said and slid off the horse, petting its head.

"Hello, Harry Potter." Luna suddenly said.

I waved to Harry who had just arrived.

"Your feet. Aren't they cold?" Harry asked, gesturing to Luna's bare feet.

"Bit," Luna replied. "Unfortunately, all my shoes have mysteriously disappeared. I suspect Nargles are behind it."

"More like your fellow Ravenclaws," I muttered.

Harry observed the Thestrals and asked, "What are they?"

"They're called Thestrals. They're quite gentle, really, but people avoid them because they're a bit..." Luna wavered.

"Different..." Harry finished. "But why can't the others see them?"

"They can only be seen by people who've seen death." Luna answered, pointing at herself and me.

"So you've known someone someone who's died then, then?" Harry asked, looking at us. "Both of you?"

"My mom. She was quite an extraordinary witch, but she did like to experiment and one day, one of her spells went badly wrong. I was 9." Luna said calmly with a vacant expression.

"I'm sorry." Harry said, "What about you then, Y/N?"

"My aunt was murdered by you-know-who when I was one." I answered simply, conjuring up water for the Thestrals to drink.

Harry and Luna had a chat before I went back to the castle with Harry, Luna wanted to stay behind for a while first.

-----------------------------------------

"Where've you been?" Draco asked while wiping his mouth.

I sat beside him and grabbed a bowl of cereal. "Went to see the Thestrals with Luna Lovegood."

"You look tired." He commented.

"You think?" I said sarcastically.

He thought for a while and took my spoon away from my hand. Then he scooped up some cereal and tried to feed me.

"Don't." I laughed and tried to take the spoon away from him.

"Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" We heard Umbridge's voice from outside the Great Hall.

Draco and I rushed out of the hall to see what was happening. Umbridge and McGonagall were having a dispute on the stairs.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." McGonagall said coldly.

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom." Umbridge said and walked up a step. "Minerva."

"Not at all, Dolores," McGonagall said, stepping onto the same step as Umbridge, "merely your medieval methods."

"I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry and by extension, the minister himself." Umbridge said breathing heavily.

Bravo, playing the Ministry card.

"I am a tolerant woman but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty." Umbridge said.

Draco and his friends seemed to find this very amusing.

"Disloyalty?" McGonagall repeated, going down one step.

Umbridge went up another step and announced to us, "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action."

From that day on, Umbridge was appointed High Inquisitor of Hogwarts, whatever that means. She was a real pain in the ass, interrupting every lesson we had, she seemed to have it in for Trelawney though.

One time Umbridge caught Draco and I snogging in a deserted hallway, she separated us with a flick of her wand, thank god we didn't get detention.

Everyone's uniform all had to be neatly worn now, not a single tie was to be out of place. If girls and boys walked to class together, their hands and shoulders couldn't touch each other, so that means Draco and I couldn't hold hands anymore.

No music was allowed in the hallways, Weasley products were banned (a pity), proper uniform yada yada yada. 

-----------------------------------------

"You applied first for the Defence Against the Dark Arts post, is that correct?" Umbridge asked Snape one potions lesson.

"Yes..." Snape answered.

"But you were unsuccessful?" Umbridge simpered.

"Ob-viously..." Snape said colder than before.

Ron chuckled and Snape hit his head with a book once Umbridge left.

READ THE OBVIOUSLY IN SNAPE'S VOICE LOL!

-----------------------------------------

"What happened?" I asked Draco as we made our way to the main school ground.

"Professor Trelawney, she was sacked. Good thing too, she was terrible." Draco replied.

"Draco, she's not terrible at all. She's kind and even though she may be sort of a fraud, her predictions are mostly correct." I snapped.

"Whatever, look." Draco pointed to Filch bringing out Trelawney's suitcases and bags.

Umbridge walked up to Trelawney. Trelawney began bawling.

"Sixteen years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home, you can't do this." Trelawney sobbed.

Umbridge held up some papers and said, "Actually, I can."

That bitch.

McGonagall pushed her way through the crowd and put her arms around Trelawney. Trelawney sobbed on McGonagall's shoulder.

"Something you'd like to say, dear?" Umbridge asked.

"Oh, there are several things I would like to say." McGonagall said, her voice trembling.

The big front doors opened and Dumbledore walked out. He approached the 3 women and said, "Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybill back inside?"

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Education Decree Number 23. As enacted by the Minister-" Umbridge began, looking perturbed.

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster." Dumbledore said.

"For now." Umbridge said with a huge creepy grin.

Dumbledore turned around and said, "Don't you all have studying to do?" to everyone, making us all disperse.