End of 4th Year

There was no special, bright, end of term feast like the previous years. In fact, the days leading up to this were very gloomy. There were no laughs, no usual loud chatter in the hallways, only whispers or pure silence.

Tomorrow was the last day of the school year but Dumbledore was giving his speech today. Everyone had their heads down, people were either emotionless or crying, I was on the crying side.

Dumbledore stood up and said gravely, "Today, we acknowledge...a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know...exceptionally hardworking...infinitely fair-minded...and most importantly,...a fierce, fierce friend. Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died."

Dumbledore paused for a moment.

"You see...Cedric Diggory was murdered...by Lord Voldemort...The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory."

I will kill Voldemort for what he did to Cedric!

"Now the pain...we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me...and reminds us...that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues...our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events...the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever."

Draco squeezed my hand reassuringly, he was looking very sad too.

Dumbledore's speech was still going on, "Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that...and we'll celebrate a boy who was...kind and honest...and brave and true, right to the very end."

-----------------------------------------

Viktor hugged Draco, Crabbe, Goyle and I before he left. The boys got Viktor's autograph of course, then again, who am I to blame them? I got one too.

Viktor kissed my hand before leaving, making Draco grimace with jealousy. I made Viktor promise to write to me often.

Fleur came over with her sister Gabrielle to say goodbye to us. She kissed Draco on each cheek and hugged me.

Not gonna lie, I was jealous when Draco blushed as she kissed him on each cheek.

"Don't forget to write." I said as I hugged Fleur. I hugged Gabrielle next.

"Of course I won't, Y/N. Au revoir!" Fleur said and waved goodbye.

-----------------------------------------

"Should I be jealous at those notes you received from Durmstrang boys?" Draco asked after the other schools left.

"I don't know. Should I be jealous of the notes YOU received from Beauxbaton girls?" I answered smartly.

I had gotten a handful of notes from Durmstrang boys asking me to write to them or just confessing their love for me. Draco received a whole pile of notes from the Beauxbaton girls, he liked the one from Fleur especially.

"You really like Fleur, don't you?" I said to Draco.

"Not as much as I like you." Draco said, winking at me.

"Hah! Very smooth." I teased and ruffled his hair. "I just wish Cedric was alive to see the glory he brought himself and our school."

"I know he was your good friend. But Cedric would want you to be happy, not sad. So, just be happy okay?" Draco said, putting an arm around my shoulder and pulling me close.

-----------------------------------------

End of 4th Year. Shit got real this year, didn't it?