Cedric's Death

June 24, the day we would see who would win the Triwizard Tournament.

I sat with Draco, Crabbe and Goyle. Crabbe had KRUM written on his forehead in red. Draco and Goyle were holding flags for Viktor. I was holding a banner supporting all 4 champions.

The Quidditch Pitch had a hedge maze replacing it.

"Well, this is an improvement from the water." Draco joked, making me laugh.

Filch set off the cannon.

Harry and Cedric went into the maze, then Viktor, then Fleur. Nothing happened after a while, then everyone heard a scream and saw a flare being shot up. Teachers went in and brought out Fleur.

Another flare was shot and the teachers went into the maze once more. Viktor was brought out this time, leaving only Cedric and Harry in the maze.

Come on, Harry, and Cedric, come out of this alive.

Harry and Cedric came out at nightfall. Everyone began standing up to cheer for them both, Draco and his gang were terribly disappointed that Viktor didn't win.

Harry didn't seem to be celebrating his victory at all, in fact, he was laying over Cedric's body crying. Another problem...CEDRIC WASN'T MOVING!

Fleur let out a high pitched scream and everyone's cheers and claps soon stopped. The teachers ran to Harry and asked him what happened.

"He's back! He's back! Voldemort's back! Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back! I couldn't leave him! Not there!" Harry cried out.

I clasped my hands to my mouth in horror, tears threatening to fall.

"That's my son! That's my boy!"

Cedric's father, Amos Diggory, ran and kneeled down beside his son. "That's my boy!" He choked out.

My heart shattered into pieces. Cedric Diggory, he was such a good friend! He was the best, the absolute best!

I covered my face and started crying, clutching onto Draco tightly for support. He stroked my head comfortingly and held me close. "Don't cry..." He said.

Through my tears, I saw Moody lead Harry away from the crowd.

This can't be good.

I pushed myself off Draco hurriedly and ran down the steps. I tapped Snape on the back urgently.

"Professor Snape! M-m-moody...he...l-le-led...Ha-harry...a-way!" I said through my sobs.

Snape looked perplexed. "Calm down and repeat yourself."

"I mean...Moody led Harry...aw-away!" I spluttered.

Snape whispered a few words to McGonagall and Dumbledore. They all looked at me and asked me to lead them to the direction I saw Moody go.

-----------------------------------------

"Expelliarmus!" Dumbledore said and blasted the door open, blasting Moody into a chair too. He placed his hand around Moody's neck and pointed his wand at him.

"Severus!"

Snape poured Veritaserum into Moody's mouth.

"Do you know who I am?" Dumbledore asked and shook Moody roughly.

"Albus Dumbledore!" Moody growled.

"Are you Alastor Moody?! Are you?!"

"No."

"Is he in this room? IS HE IN THIS ROOM?!" Dumbledore shook 'Moody' harder.

'Moody' jerked his head toward a giant chest in the middle of the room.

"Harry, get away from there." Dumbledore gestured for Harry to move away.

McGonagall pushed Harry and I behind her.

Snape shot the chest open. Several tiers of the chest appeared and at the very bottom was the real Alastor Moody.

Snape sniffed 'Moody's' flask and said, "Polyjuice Potion."

Harry looked at Snape as if to say "See, I didn't steal it."

"Now we know who's been stealing from your stores, Severus." Dumbledore said.

The 'Moody' in the chair started groaning and making indistinct noises. He ripped off his mechanical eye set. His appearance changed and in 'Moody's' place was former Death Eater, Barty Crouch Jr.

This little bitch was going to pay for what he did to Draco (ferret incident) and Cedric.

"Barty Crouch Jr..." Dumbledore trailed off.

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours." Crouch said creepily. He rolled up his sleeve and showed his Dark Mark.

Were you a pedophile in your youth?

"Your arm, Harry." Dumbledore said and showed Harry's right arm which had a deep cut in it.

"You know what this means, don't you? He's back. Lord Voldemort has returned." Crouch said proudly.

"I'm sorry, sir, I couldn't help it." Harry said.

"Send him now to Azkaban, think they'd find they're missing a person." Dumbledore ordered.

"I'll be welcomed back like a hero!" Crouch said, sounding very proud of himself.

"Perhaps, Percy doesn't have much time for heroes." Dumbledore said and led Harry and I out.

-----------------------------------------

"Y/N...I would like to thank you for...that day. McGonagall told me how you alerted Snape. Thanks." Harry said and hugged me tightly before we went into the Great Hall.

"No...problem..." I said, very broken-hearted.

"Come on, Y/N." Draco said, holding my hand tightly, leading me into the hall for Cedric's memorial.

-----------------------------------------

I cried writing this chapter, not even gonna lie. Cedric's death was sad as hell and I think we all felt a terrible loss reading and watching this part in the books and movies.