Dancing Lessons

I went to the Gryffindor table at breakfast enraged.

"Look at this! I can't believe it! She's done it again!" Hermione slammed the Daily Prophet on the table.

She read it aloud to us, "Miss. Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey, sources report, is none other than the Bulgarian BonBon Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter is taking this latest emotional blow."

"That's disgusting, that vile woman!" I fumed, slamming my own copy of the Daily Prophet down. "She really has it in for Hermione and me. Look at this!"

I pointed at a passage and read it aloud.

"Miss. Crankshaw, the heiress to the Crankshaw fortune, seems to only fancy those who are of high status. Currently, she claims to be going out with Draco Malfoy, the son of the wealthy Mr. Lucius Malfoy. Sources report that she was being very intimate with Hogwarts Triwizard Champion, Cedric Diggory. She might be setting her sights on Harry Potter too. No one knows how Draco Malfoy feels right now, knowing that his love is unfaithful to him. Certainly, the heiress of the Crankshaw fortune knows better than this?"

The trio were shocked. Hermione looked at the passage and let out a sound of frustration.

"Honestly, this woman is terrible!" she said.

"Why does she need to mention wealth so many times? Is that really all I'm known for? Just the daughter of the richest wizarding family in the world?!" I raged. "Also, I never cheated on Draco. I just hugged Cedric and he kissed my cheek. It was a friend kiss!"

"How...how did Malfoy react?" Hermione asked.

"He was...not happy, to say the least. Then I explained everything to him. We're good now. That isn't important right now, we have to clear Hermione's name!"

"Y/N, we're both clearing our names together," Hermione assured me.

Nigel walked up to Ron and handed him a parcel. "Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley."

"Ah, thank you Nigel." Ron said but Nigel didn't go away. He stood there, smiling at Harry.

"Not now Nigel, later. Go on." Ron said to him.

Nigel walked off and we gave Ron an expectant look.

"I told him I would get Harry's autograph." Ron explained. "Oh look, mom sent me something."

Ron pulled out the contents of the parcel, it was a medieval-ish dress robe.

"Mom sent me a dress!" Ron exclaimed, looking disgusted.

"Well, it does match your eyes." Harry teased, "Is there a bonnet? Ah hah!"

Harry pulled out a white lace collar.

"Put those down, Harry." Ron laughed and went to Ginny. "Ginny, these must be for you."

"I'm not wearing that! It's ghastly!" Ginny replied, looking disgusted at it too.

"Yeah, Ron. She has a point." I said.

Hermione began laughing.

"What are you on about?" Ron snapped.

"They're not for Ginny, they're for you!" Hermione laughed. Everyone in the Great Hall began laughing too.

"Dress robes!" Hermione said.

"Dress robes? For what?" Ron asked.

-----------------------------------------

"There is to be a dance on the night of Christmas Eve. It is called the Yule Ball. It is a tradition to be held during every Triwizard Tournament and I expect you all to be on your best behaviour that night. Now, I assure you, were it in my power, I wouldn't uphold this tradition at all. As I don't dance, I shall select 2 students to demonstrate." Snape said to us.