Chapter 1-Sophie

Sophie walked up to Foxfire High School nervously. It was her first day, and she was worried she wouldn't make any friends.

Taking a deep breath, she pushed open the door and walked in.

Finding her locker, she put her things in. She took out her schedule, and looked at what was first.

History.

Okay, now how do I get there? Sophie asked herself.

She wandered around trying to find it, but to no avail.

Sophie took a calming breath and started again. She was looking at her schedule when she bumped into someone.

She looked up. In front of her was a boy with ice blue eyes and blond hair.

He smirked. "You're the new kid aren't you?"

" Yes. " said Sophie annoyed.

"I'm Keefe Sencen."

" Awesome. Have a nice life. Bye. " Sophie quickly walked away hearing Keefe chuckling.

What was up with him?

Once she had finally found her classroom, she looked at her schedule again. When she had stopped studying it, she saw someone coming in the door.

Oh, crap. Keefe.

"Nice seeing you here. Would you give me the pleasure of your name?"

" Sophie Foster. Now go to your own seat. " She said gritting her teeth.

"Ok, Foster." He sauntered over to the front of the classroom and sat down.

Geez, what was his problem?

The rest of the day flew by, and before Sophie knew it, school was over.

She took the bus home, and greeted her adoptive mom with a smile when she got there.

"Hi honey. How was school?"

" Good. There's this one boy though. Really annoying. " Sophie shook her head.

"Oh, okay." Edaline said, giving her a goofy smile.

Sophie gave her a bewildered look.

Before she could respond, Grady barged in.

"When is dinner?" He asked.

" About 20 minutes. " Then directing her words to Sophie, "I think he thinks about his stomach than his job." She laughed.

Sophie went upstairs, waiting for dinner, and thought about Keefe.

He's so full of himself. One day, I hope I can show him to not think about himself so much and about others.

Soon dinner was ready, and Sophie went downstairs.

As she was sitting down, someone rang the doorbell.

Edaline answered it, when called to Sophie. "Someone's here to see you."

Sophie wasn't sure who could have come, but she went or the door. When she saw who it was she was really, really annoyed.

He smirked. "Miss me Foster?"

" Nope. Not on my life. What are you doing here anyway? "

"Well I was-" he was cut off my Edaline telling from the dining room, "Invite him in for dinner Soph!"

And Grady's loud, "A boy is at the door?"

Sophie mentally groaned. Last thing that she wanted was Keefe in her house.

"Ugh. Would you like to stay for dinner?"

" Why, I would love to! " Keefe smirked.

Sophie led him into the dining room, and Grady lifted an eyebrow when he saw Keefe. He relaxed, when he saw how annoyed Sophie looked at Keefe eating dinner with them.

After a tense but good- thanks to Edaline's amazing cooking- dinner, Keefe left.

As soon as Sophie thought Keefe was out of earshot, she whirled around to face Edaline.

"You are so dead. That's the annoying boy I told you about at school!"

" Oh sweetie, I'm your mom. You can't kill me. " And with that, Edaline went into the kitchen.

"I heard that Foster!" Keefe yelled. Sophie ran over to the window surprised. "You thought I was gone didn't you? Well I was just talking to someone, then I heard your pleasant conversation."

" Keefe Sencen! Go somewhere else! "

"Anything for you Foster." He bowed and walked away whistling.

"On that sweet note," Grady said, " I think you need to go upstairs to study. "

Sophie complied, and when she finished, she was exhausted. High school took a lot more out of someone than Middle school.
(Sophie is a freshman)

She got ready for bed, and slowly drifted off to the land of dreams.

Thanks for reading! Sorry I made Keefe a jerk, and he's going to act like one for a bit, until Sophie- oops! I almost spoiled the entire book plot! Bye!

XD