Chapter 6-Keefe

After school, Keefe was headed to Fitz's house.

As he walked up the drive, he could've sworn he saw Sophie walking inside talking to Biana.

"Hey Keefe." Fitz greeted.

"Hi Fitz. What are we gonna do first? Prank Biana and her friend?"

" Actually, " Fitz started. "Biana's friend is Sophie. Remember the one I told you about. You are going to watch me ask her to prom, then we can do whatever you want to do."

Sophie was here? Keefe's head was spinning. Since when was Sophie friends with Biana?

Plastering on a smile, Keefe said, "Sounds great!"

Fitz returned the smile. He led Keefe inside, to the living room, where Biana and Sophie were sitting on the couch talking.

As soon as Sophie saw Keefe her mouth dropped open.

Her surprise was obvious. Keefe grimaced.

"Keefe? What are you doing here?" She asked.

Fitz turned around. "Wait, I thought you said you hadn't met Sophie before."

Think Keefe!

"Yeah, I can't believe you fell for that!" Keefe answered lamely.

Fitz frowned.

Sophie snorted. "Well I wouldn't care less if I didn't know him."

Biana and Fitz stared at her. Keefe squirmed uneasily.

Fitz took a deep breath, and Keefe heard him mutter under his breath, "Here goes nothing."

"Well that was interesting." He said. Then turning to Sophie he asked, " Sophie, can I ask you a question? "

"Sure."

" Will you go to the prom with me? " Fitz answered looking scared that she would say no.

Silence.

"The prom?" Sophie finally replied. " Well, I uh, I'm sorry Fitz, but I can't. " Seeing his sad face, she quickly added, "I wish I could, but I'm helping out at the shelter that night."

" Couldn't you take off? " Fitz pleaded.

"Sorry no." Sophie squirmed under his intense gaze.

"Could you ask? Make a small exception?" Fitz pressed.

" Fitz! I gave you my answer! " Sophie said coldly.

Fitz looked like a wounded puppy, Keefe had to step in.

"Hey, Fitz, there's plenty of other girls."

Fitz looked at him miserably. "I guess." He motioned for him to go upstairs. Keefe complied, and soon they were in his room.

"You know, Sophie just might not be the one out there not you." Keefe told him, trying to lift his spirits.

Fitz sighed. "I guess."

" Hey, but you could ask Marella or Linh, or any other girl to the prom. " Keefe suggested.

"But not Sophie." Fitz said.

" Yeah. Not Sophie. "

Keefe's phone dinged. It was his dad.

Keefe! You need to get back home now. You have homework, and I don't want you falling behind!

He suppressed a sigh. "Hey Fitz, I gotta go. Daddio is calling me."

" Okay. "

                                                ****

Keefe lay on his bed. He had just finished his homework, and he was thinking.

Do I like Sophie? Was that why I was ticked off by Fitz asking her to the prom?

Keefe wrestled with his thoughts, for a long while.

I think I do like Sophie. But I don't have a chance she hates me.

Then Keefe got an idea.

Maybe I could act different.

Ty for reading!! You prolly thought that Sophie was going to say yes to Fitz didn't you? Haha! Tricked you! (Maybe)
Bye lovelies!

XD