Chapter 5-Sophie

Sophie woke up to the pitter pat of the rain. She looked at the clock. Crap! It was already 7:30! She quickly got out of bed, got ready for the day, raced down the stairs, grabbed a muffin and got on the bus in the nick of time.

She slid into the only empty seat. Next to a boy, who seemed to be doing something with a watch.

He looked up and smiled. "Hey, I'm Dex. You're the new girl right? Sophie Foster?"

" Yup that's me.  By the way, what are you doing with that watch? "

"Just tinkering with it. I like to take stuff apart and look at what's inside, then try to put it back together and sometimes make it different."

So he was a techie.

"Cool. Could you try to fix my watch? It's been broken for a couple weeks."

" Sure! "

"I think it's in my backpack." Sophie rumaged around until she found it. "Here it is!"

Dex took it and put it in his pocket.

"Can I ask you something?" Sophie asked.

" Sure. " Dex replied.

"How did you know my name?"

Dex squirmed. "Well I saw you talking to Keefe and you told him your name."

"Ohhhh. That makes sense." Sophie nodded.

"Do you like Keefe?" Dex questioned .

"Keefe? Nope. Not in a million years. He's really annoying actually. Why?"

"Just wondering." Dex answered casually .

In a couple of minutes, they were at school.

"See you at lunch!" Sophie said.

" Yup. See you. " Dex answered.

Sophie went to her first class, and accidentally sat down next to Keefe.

She groaned.

"What is it Foster?" Keefe asked playfully .

"You." She grumbled.

"What's wrong with me?"

Before Sophie could respond, Mr. Forkle said, "Miss Foster! Mr. Sencen! You both know there is no talking in my class. Detention for a week for both of you."

To Sophie, this was her worst nightmare. She shot Keefe a death glare that said, I'm going to kill you.

In response, Keefe smirked.

Sophie buried her head in her hands, and waited for class to start.

                                                       ****

At lunch, she invited Dex to sit with everyone else. She introduced him and it seemed that everyone got along.

Classes were a breeze, and only after her last class, did Sophie remember that she had detention.

She trudged to classroom, and surprisingly Tam was there too.

"What did you get detention for?" He asked.

" I could say the same for you. " Sophie shot back.

Tam seemed a little surprised at her attitude, so Sophie apologized. "Sorry. Just a little pissed off by Keefe."

" Keefe Sencen? Almost all of the girls love him. "

"Yeah, that's the key word. Almost. Some girls have some sense."

Sophie turned away and ended the conversation.

After what seemed like hours, detention was over.

Then Sophie remembered that Biana had invited her over to her house today. Her spirits lifted. At least there was one good thing today!

So Sophie drive to Biana's house totally unprepared for what was in store.

Obviously you guys probably know what's going to happen. Lol. Thanks for reading! And thank you SprihaT and baby_merlin4life for the follows.
Bye sweeties!

XD