Episode 17: Her Destiny

Yejin's take on destiny. Flashbacks are italicized. These one-shot stories are very much fictional.

.................................................

January 2021, 

The illuminance of the morning daylight reflects her sight. 

She woke up, and the first thing she saw was her handsome husband peacefully sleeping in front of her. His arms hugging her waist. 

Ever since they got married, and lived together in a home of their own, mornings with him beside her felt different. 

They sure had slept over each other's respective homes when they were still dating, but waking up now as a wife, with a husband beside her, every single morning; it just felt too good to be true. 

She brushed her fingers through the hair that was covering his eye, and stared at his smooth-skinned face for a moment, before looking at the wall clock in their bedroom. It was 6:22 in the morning. 

And now that she's a wife, she started to love breakfast mornings even more. Most especially because she will be cooking their meals on most days for him. 

She carefully removed the arm that was entangled in her waist before she stood up and went to the bathroom to do her morning routine. 

Yejin headed to the kitchen, prepared the ingredients she needed for today's breakfast, and laid it in the kitchen counter. 

She got her phone and started to play a song from one of her favorite soundtracks. It was Secret Garden's. 

She once had played a cameo role in the drama. She was fond of that drama back in the days. It was Hyun Bin's successful project in year 2010. 

The first song that played on her playlist was of course; The Man. Hyun Bin sang it for their OST. And she always found it funny when she plays it with Bin around.

On one Sunday afternoon, the couple decided to clean around their home. The couple usually plays some music, whatever it is they're doing. It was one of the many things Yejin adapted from Bin; when she visits his house before. 

Yejin scrolled through his playlist, searched for a specific song, and played it before making a muffled laugh.

'In one, two, three...' 

"Yejin-ah!!!" 

"Why?" Yejin teasingly laughed at him,

"Come on, stop playing that song!" He complained.

"Why would I? I love it!" She kept teasing.

"That was from years ago. I sounded too-"

"Whatever you say! You just find it annoying because it's your voice. But it's me your wife, and my ears tell me that this voice you hear singing," She pointed at the speakers, "This handsome voice you're hearing, hmm? It's my husband's. And I would never get tired of listening to it." 

Bin usually feels shy when he hears that song. It was recorded from years ago, and up to now, he really just can't listen to it. 

But then again, times passed and now he has a wife; who finds the Secret Garden OST relaxing, most especially to his song. He had always felt moved every time her wife will declare those sweet compliments for him. Instead of feeling embarrassed, his heart even flutters every time he hears his wife humming and singing along with song.