-2- The Agni Kai and the Warriors of Kyoshi Island

I walked with Iroh and the prince as we got off the ship at the port.

"Uncle, I want the repairs made as quickly as possible. I don't want to stay too long and risk losing his trail."

"You mean the Avatar?"

The prince turned sharply to face his uncle, "Don't mention his name on these docks! Once word gets out that he's alive, every firebender will be out looking for him, and I don't want anyone getting in the way!"

"Getting in the way of what," I turned to see Captain Zhao, "Prince Zuko?"

I bowed slightly, "Captain Zhao, it's a pleasure to see you once more."

"It's commander now lady (Y/N), and," He bowed to Iroh, "General Iroh. Great hero of our nation."

Iroh bowed in response, "Retired general."

The commander turned to face the two men beside me, "The Fire Lord's brother and son are welcome guests anytime. What brings you to my harbor?"

"Our ship is being repaired."

The commander looked at the damaged ship, "That's quite a bit of damage."

"Yes," Prince Zuko spoke up, "You wouldn't believe what happened!" He nudged his uncle, "Uncle! Tell Commander Zhao what happened."

"Yes. I will do that," He struggled with a story, "It was incredible! What? Did we crash or something?"

I swooped in, "We crashed into an Earth kingdom ship. It was a swift battle with its men, but not one we couldn't handle. We defeated them within minutes."

"Really? You must regale me with all of the thrilling details," The commander smirked, "Join me for a drink?"

The prince stared right back at him, "Sorry, but we have to go."

The commander started to walk away.

Iroh placed his hands on the prince's shoulder, "Prince Zuko, show Commander Zhao your respect. We would be honored to join you. Do you have any ginseng tea? It's my favorite."

The prince groaned as the two warriors walked off.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, "Prince Zuko, be patient with your uncle. He loves you, and wants to help you. Everything will be fine. Trust me."

The prince just walked off.

I followed behind him.

I sat at the prince's right hand as the commander went on about war plans. It hurt to hear it. I can fight. In fact, fighting is pretty fun for me. But war? War is stupid. It's a fruitless effort. It destroys people's lives.

And the Firelord!? Don't get me started! That guy is the worst! He's the reason so many are hurting! My sister told me about so much that had been lost because of the fire nation. Air nomads, Flying bison, Dragons, and peace. All of that has been destroyed in only a hundred years. It burned me inside with rage.

Bright red flames curled around my fingers. I calmed them down. They dissipated within seconds, along with my surface anger.

"...And by the year's end, the Earth Kingdom capital will be under our rule."

Commander Zhao turned back to us, "The Fire Lord will finally claim victory in this war."

That's what scares me...

"If my father thinks the rest of the world will follow him willingly, then he is a fool!"

The commander sat in the chair to the left of the prince, "Two years at sea have done little to temper your tongue. So, how is your search for the Avatar going?"