-11- Lessons to Learn

I wrapped up my arms, I had hurt them in the last fight. I pulled on the gloves that went with my new earth kingdom outfit. Luckily the gloves covered the wraps.

I heard Iroh start to stir beside me, so I motioned to Zuko

"Uncle... you were unconscious. Azula did this to you. It was a surprise attack."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not that surprised, she's a jerk."

Iroh groaned and I helped him sit up.

Zuko handed him some tea, "I hope I made it the way you like it."

Iroh slightly grimaced, "Good. That was very... uhhh... bracing," Zuko turned to get me a cup and Iroh tossed the contents out the window of the broken building we resided in.

"So Uncle, I've been thinking," Zuko handed me my cup, "It's only a matter of time before I run into Azula again. I'm going to need to know more advanced firebending if I want to stand a chance against her. I know what you're going to say: she's my sister and I should be trying to get along with her."

"No, she's crazy, and she needs to go down," Iroh stood, "It's time to resume your training."

Iroh remade the tea.

"Lightning is a pure form of firebending, without aggression. It is not fueled by rage or emotion the way other firebending is. Some call lightning the cold-blooded fire. It is precise and deadly, like Azula. To perform the technique requires peace of mind."

"I see. That's why we're drinking tea, to calm the mind."

No, he just wanted tea.

"Oh yeah, good point! I mean, yes," He stood. I sat my cup down and followed my teacher outside, "There is energy all around us. The energy is both yin and yang. Positive energy and negative energy. Only a select few firebenders can separate these energies. This creates an imbalance. The energy wants to restore balance, and in a moment the positive and negative energy come crashing back together, you provide release and guidance, creating lightning"

Iroh deminstared, shooting lightning into the blank sky.

Zuko stood, "I'm ready to try it!"

Iroh helped Zuko set up his stance, "Remember, once you separate the energy, you do not command it. You are simply its humble guide. Breathe first."

I stood as Zuko took a deep breath. He tried to produce lightning, but it only created an explosion that sent him flying back.

"Zuko!" I ran over to him, "Are you okay?"

He groaned, "Yeah, I'm fine."

He got back up and kept attempting to create lighting. Iroh pulled me to the side, "Try it. I feel you might have better luck."