-7- The Siege of the Northern Water Tribe

I soon found myself standing in a warm oasis. I stood behind the prince, to his right. Aang was meditating, or at least that's what it looked on face value. With him were two girls. One I recognized as Katara from the southern water tribe, but the other I had never seen. But I did know the new girl had been touched by the spirit of the moon. The white hair gave it away to anyone who was educated in the matter. Sifu Iroh had taught me more than just firebending.

The moon girl looked at Aang on the ground, "Maybe we should get some help."

"No, he's my friend. I'm perfectly capable of protecting him."

The prince decided to reveal our presence, "Well, aren't you a big girl now."

"No..."

I waved awkwardly at the other girls.

"Yes. Hand him over and we won't have to hurt you."

The moon girl ran off. I could have followed her to prevent her from getting help, but I had no reason to. It would be fine if we lost this battle. It would be great if we lost this battle.

Prince Zuko attacked the waterbender. Katara used her bending to block his attacks, I could tell she had gotten better. She knocked the prince back, he rose back up from the ground.

"I see you've learned a new trick, but I didn't come this far to lose to you."

They continued their fight. Katara noticed me, but saw that I made no effort to get closer to Aang or attack her, so she let me be.

She imprisoned the prince in ice, "You little peasant. You've found a master, haven't you?"

He broke free, at this point I was certain he had forgotten I was there. I was fine with that. I didn't want him to ask me to attack her. She needed to focus on his attacks.

He slipped away from the fight and made his way to Aang. His fingers grazed Aang's cloak, but he was thrown aside. Frozen once more.

The sun began to rise, Prince Zuko broke free.

He sent a blast of fire, knocking her back. I used my bending to keep her from being burned, but the prince had gotten to the Avatar.

Worry flashed across my face, but I covered it in a cold glare. The waterbender had been knocked out.

"You rise with the moon... I rise with the sun."

He then remembered I existed, "(Y/N)! Why didn't you help me? Or at least grab the Avatar while she was distracted!"

I laughed, smirking, "I thought you had it under control. And I was right."

"Whatever," He walked on and I followed.

I pulled up the cloak I had put on before we set off. Luckily for me, I had been able to dry my clothes, or I would already have hypothermia. It was snowing hard. I could tell we were on the brink of a blizzard. We hadn't planned this far ahead. Prince Zuko had no clue how we were going to get back to the fire nation. Let alone get out of this storm.

I wasn't much better. I didn't know how we were going to make it out of this storm. I had no clue how I would get Aang free once more.

"Shelter," Prince Zuko pulled me along to a cave.

He dragged Aang to the corner, and tied him up with some rope. The prince used his fire breath to create a small fire.

He ignored my presence and began talking to Aang's unconscious body, "I finally have you, but I can't get you home because of this blizzard. There's always something... Not that you would understand," He stood at the entrance to the cave, "You're like my sister. Everything always came easy to her. She's a firebending prodigy, and everyone adores her. My father says she was born lucky. He says I was lucky to be born. I don't need luck, though. I don't want it. I've always had to struggle and fight and that's made me strong. It's made me who I am."