-20- Nightmares and Daydreams

"This is it!" Sokka smiled as we got off Appa and walked though some bushes, "The official rendezvous point for the invasion force."

Toph firmly placed her feet on the ground, "How did you pick this place?"

"Before we split up, my dad and I found this island on the map. It's uninhabited, and the harbors surrounded by the cliffs seemed like the perfect secluded place."

Katara smiled at her brother, "Nice choice, Sokka. And we're here four days ahead of schedule."

"Wait!" I could hear the anxiety in Aang's voice, "Four days? The invasion's in four days?"

Sokka yawned and laid down on the ground, "Whatever. That's like four days from now. Let's just calm down and..." He fell asleep.

Katara joined him on the ground, "Sokka's got the right idea, Aang. We're here. We're ready. The best thing we can do now is get plenty of rest."

Aang averted his eyes, "I guess."

Aang and Toph both laid down. I went and began to unpack. I knew I would have a harder time sleeping. If we were going to stay here for a few days, we might as well unpack.

Aang bolted up, grabbing onto his pants. He saw Momo was awake, "It was just a dream, Momo. I still have my pants," He stood, "Well, I better keep training."

He walked over and began punching a tree. I ignored the situation for now, it was fine if he stayed up a little later.

The sun rose and so did Katara, "Hey. How long have you been up?"

Aang was still hitting the tree, "A couple hours. I got a lot more skills to refine if I'm gonna fight Ozai."

Aang stopped, and Katara looked worried, "You know, there is such a thing as over-training."

Aang hit the tree once more, he then fell. The tree's leaves fell with him, almost mocking him. Aang got up and started circling Katara in a fighting stance. At this point, even I was a little worried.

"You don't get it, do you? My form is bad, I'm sloppy, and I still don't know any firebending. Not even the basics."

Sokka pointed at me, "Just have (Y/N) go over it."

I wrapped my arms around myself, "As I said, I can't bend right now. If I tried, I would lose control. Possibly killing everyone here."

Katara grabbed Aang's hand, lowering it.

Sokka smiled, "That's okay, Aang. The eclipse will block off firebending anyway. You don't need to know it. Plus, it's a stupid element."

I glared, "If it's used correctly, then it's not that bad. It's just that everyone uses it wrong."

Aang let his hand fall out of Katara's, "Well I still have to work on everything else. I better spend the whole day training."

Aang bowed, then rode off on an air scooter. He was gone the entire day. I spent the day training as well.

The blue of the day sky turned to a deep purple. I laid down with the others, and Aang soon joined us.

"Good night, Katara. Good night, Sokka. Good night, Toph. Good night, Appa. Good night, Momo. Good night, Appa and Mo-"

Toph interrupted with a loud yell, "Go to sleep already!"

I watched as the other's began to sleep. I could tell by the clenching of Aang's eyes and fists, he was having a nightmare. Part of me was tempted to go confront him. But I held myself back.