-26- The Boiling Rock Pt1

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I woke up in a war balloon, "There it is!" I sat up as Zuko continued speaking, "There's plenty of steam to keep us covered. As long as we're quiet, we should be able to navigate through it without being caught."

We entered the volcano's steam, and the balloon started descending.

Zuko began frantically blasting fire into the tank, "We're going down! The balloon's not working anymore!"

I then noticed Sokka was in the balloon with us, "The air outside is just as hot as the air inside so we can't fly!"

I fell against the side of the balloon, Zuko landed beside me, "So what are we supposed to do?"

"I don't know! Crash-landing?"

The balloon skidded along the boiling water, and splashed Sokka's hand. He covered his mouth as he shook it off to keep himself from screaming. The balloon hit the base of the rock, sending the three of us flying onto the shore.

I got up and dusted myself off, "Remind me to never go on vacation with you two again."

Zuko pointed to the broken balloon, "How are we gonna get off the island if the balloon won't work?"

Sokka stood, "We'll figure something out! I suspected it might be a one-way ticket."

Zuko glared at the water tribe boy, "You knew this would happen and you wanted to come anyway?"

Sokka gathered parts of the balloon that fell on the ground, "My dad might be here! I had to come and see!"

Zuko put his forehead in his palm, "Uncle always said I never thought things through. But this... this is just crazy!"

"Hey, I never wanted you to come along in the first place! And for the record, I always think things through! But my plans haven't exactly worked, so this time, I'm playing it by ear. So there," He kicked the broken balloon into the lake.

Zuko watched as the balloon sunk under the surface of the lake, "What are you doing?"

"It doesn't work anyway, and we don't want anyone to find it."

Zuko shook his head, "I hope you know what you're doing. There's no turning back now."

I sighed, "Lets get some disguises and scout out this hunk of rock."

The others exited the supply room together, Zuko looked over at me, "I hope these disguises work."

Sokka placed his hand on Zuko's shoulder, "We just need to lay low and find my dad as soon as possible."

A group of guards ran by us, "Guards! There's a scuffle in the yard. Come on."

I nodded and let the boys follow me out.

"I didn't do anything! I'm going back to my cell."

"Stop right there, Chit Sang."

Zuko started to step forward, but I grabbed his hand and stopped him, "We can't blow our cover."

The guard whipped at the prisoner, "I've had it with your unruly behavior!"

"What did I do?"

"He wants to know what he did," The guard turned to us, "Isn't that cute?"

Zuko squeezed my hand, "Uh, very cute, sir."

I smiled, "Adorable sir."

"Super cute."

The guard turned back to the prisoner, "You didn't bow down when I walked by, Chit Sang!"

"What? That's not a prison rule."