-21- The Day of the Black Sun Pt1

~(Y/N)'s POV~

"(Y/N)," I opened my eyes to see Katara hovering above me, "The invasion is starting soon."

I stood and joined Sokka and the others around a map.

Aang joined us and Momo jumped on his shoulder, "Top of the morning, Momo!"

Katara turned and placed her hands in her hips, "Sounds like you slept well."

He smiled and acted out his words, "Like a baby moose lion. I'm ready to face the Fire Lord."

"So, what's your strategy for taking him down?" Toph mimicked the Avatar State, "Gonna get your glow on and hit him with a little Avatar State action?"

He looked down at the ground, "I can't. When Azula shot me with lightning, my seventh chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the universe."

Toph rolled her eyes, "You know what I just heard? Blah, blah, spiritual mumbo jumbo blah, blah, something about space."

I laughed, "Let me simplify, Azula shot him, Avatar junk went crazier than her, and now he can't do the glowy thing."

Aang laughed, "Yeah, basically."

"Oh, no," I followed Katara's gaze to a gathering of fog on the sea, "Sokka, do you think the fog will delay the invasion?"

"No," Sokka stood, "That is the invasion!"

We ran to the shore to greet the ships.

"You made it, Dad!" Katara and Hakoda embraced.

Sokka ran forward in excitement, "Were you able to locate everyone I told you to find?"

"I did. But I'm a little worried, Sokka. Some of these men aren't exactly the 'warrior type'."

"Oooh-whee!" Two men in clothing made of leaves and bark got off the ship, "This place ain't nothing like a swamp," The one speaking pointed to a rock in the water, "What you reckon that is, Tho? Some sort of Fire Nation exploding trap what eat ya?"

"It's just a rock, Due."

"Well, I'll be."

Hakoda leaned down to his son, "Is it just me, or are those fellas a little loose in the leaf-hat?"

The man I had known as Balto joined us, "I just wish they would wear pants."

Another swamp-man stood alone on the dock, scratching himself, "Pants are an illusion, and so is death."

A young man from the earth kingdom came up to Katara, "Hi, Katara."

"Haru!" She ran over and hugged him, "It's so good to see you!"

Aang motioned us over to the man, "Toph, (Y/N), this is Haru. When we met him, his town was controlled by the Fire Nation. So he had to hide his earthbending."

Haru smiled, "Katara inspired me and my father to take back our village."

An older man joined us, "You helped us find our courage, Katara. Now we're here to help you."

Toph tensed beside me, "No way! Is that-?"

I fell to the ground in surprise as she was lifted off the ground by a large man that didn't have all his teeth, "Hippo happy to see Blind Bandit!"

Toph glared, "You guys here for a rematch?"

Another man joined the conversation, "Negatory. The Boulder and The Hippo no longer fight for others' entertainment. Now, we fight for our kingdom!"