0:3

I sat at my bedroom windowsill for a good ten minutes, trying to decide what I was going to do. Regardless of the fact that I only had one class for the day, missing it would mean that I would break my perfect attendance. I'm not the type to usually skip class for fun, I take my studies seriously. But on the other hand, I probably take them a little too seriously.

I watched as the bright spring sun shined down on the pavement outside while people walked by. I weighed the pros and cons of each scenario and came to the conclusion that I would skip class. I knew Gracie would be disappointed in me if I didn't meet Noel and I would be disappointed with myself for flaking out on him. I took in a deep breath before walking over to my closet and picking out a more decent outfit for the day.

I decided on a light blue mini dress with a little white daisy pattern all over, a beige cardigan, and a pair of white sneakers. I contemplated wearing the boots from last night, but I didn't want to seem like I thought this all through. I wanted to appear easily put together. I went into the bathroom to put on light makeup and smooth out my long dark brown hair. I spritzed a bit of perfume that smelled of roses all over myself and proceeded to grab my purse, phone, and other essentials before walking down to tell Gracie my plan.

When I reached the end of the stairs I put my arms out to my side, showing off my outfit to my cousin who was sitting on the couch. "Not too dressy or casual?"

"Em, you look so lovely! I'm assuming you're meeting him, then? Because why would you get that dressed up for class."

I scoffed and went to go stand by her. "Your assumption might be right, but I still feel bad for missing class."

"Are you joking? A cool guy from the concert asked you out, I would be bouncing off the walls if I were you! Not to mention, you could use a distraction from thinking about Jake all the time. You deserve to be happy."

She was completely right. I had been spending too much time dwelling on Jake and I's former relationship we shared. Two years of memories worth isn't easy to forget. At times, I would find myself listening to "our song" on repeat until dawn and crying my eyes out. If anyone knew what was good for me, it would be Gracie.

I reached down to give her a big hug. "I should be back before it gets dark! If not, then-"

My words were cut off. "Then I won't wait up!" Gracie said with a smirk, practically pushing me out of the door.

I could tell somewhere deep in my soul that this was either going to be a really good thing for me or crush any of my expectations I ever had of regaining my hope for love.