1:2

That night, I succumbed to my innermost feelings that kept telling me to give into the desire to advance things. We kissed for another fifteen minutes before I made the first move of letting my hands roam his arms and neck. Noel didn't hesitate to respond, he gently cupped my face in his hands before letting them wander down to my waist, our bodies now pressed against each other. My skin quivered with each feeling of his delicate touch. I tangled my fingers through his layered black hair which I would soon find smelled of his hair products; a smell that I could see myself getting used to.

Our actions were desperate and needy; the initial feeling of my head ascending into another realm from our first kiss had only intensified. My body was moving at a faster pace than I was able to think. His shirt was off and my fingers were working on unbuttoning his blue jeans. It wasn't long before we were in nothing but our undergarments, moving hastily and feverishly.

"You really are a work of art. Christ, you're driving me crazy," his voice was low and throaty in my ear. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"I've never wanted anything more." It came out more assertive than I intended it to, but I meant it.

Noel's hands made their way down my body just slow enough to torture me with his unhurried movement. His eyes watched my face as he planted kisses all down my body before removing the only things that kept us from committing the act that we had both been secretly longing for.

The following morning when I woke up, it took me a while to realize that I was in a bedroom that wasn't my own. I could feel my legs entwined with another's. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and let them adjust on the surroundings: a large king sized bed, grey duvet, and a lean figure asleep next to me. Noel's hair was messier than ever, layers of dark hair sitting perfectly tousled, and he slept on his back with one arm bent behind his head. I studied his face in the morning light that streamed in through the semi-drawn curtains. The way his chin slightly protruded, the way his nose was slanted, the way his sideburns grew out, the way his lips were refined - I was infatuated with all that he was. He looked like he was still in a deep sleep so I sat myself up on my elbows to get a better look at him. I twirled a strand of his hair around my finger and smiled to myself, replaying yesterday's events in my head. I was riding on a high that I never wanted to end.

"Having fun there, are you?" His deep morning voice was the sound of something heavenly. I immediately thought back to the first time I called him and he answered with the same voice.

"Actually, yes I am." I let out a soft chuckle when I saw the corners of his lips curve upward ever so slightly with his eyes still closed.

I leaned over to press my lips to his temple. He stretched his arms up over his head and then rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands. He reached out to wrap his arms around me, pulling me onto his bare chest and broad shoulders.

"How are you this morning, darling?"

"I'm the best I've ever been." I could hear his heartbeat with my ear on his chest, as it moved up and down with each breath he drew. He squeezed me tight to his body and I burrowed my face into his neck, breathing in his scent.

I could have stayed in bed with him for the entire day and been perfectly content. Drawing tiny circles on his chest with my forefinger, we lied in a comfortable silence, listening to the indistinct birds chirping outside. I already had a feeling that it was late in the day and picking my head up to look at the clock on the wall confirmed my assumption.

I sat up in bed and shook his leg. "Come on let's get up, it's about to be midday."

Noel let out a small groan before pulling me back down on his chest and holding me tightly in his arms, attacking me with kisses all over my head and face. After a playful wrestle to get out of bed, we eventually decided to fix ourselves something to eat. He insisted on making a recipe he learned for blueberry pancakes, I was really interested in watching him cook as he once expressed to me how it was not his strong field. Noel was surprisingly good at flipping the pancakes on the stove to which I applauded his skill and he would take a bow.

During our morning talk, Noel happily chatted nonstop about how some of his art was going to be on display in a small gallery that was opening downtown on Friday night. It was arranged totally last minute, but he didn't seem to care. His blue eyes would light up with excitement every time he would mention how many people were going to be there and how his artwork was going to gain exposure. The joy and pure happiness on his face was enough to fill my heart for almost a lifetime. This was obviously something that he loved and I was so happy for him. He invited Gracie and I to come and I immediately accepted, though Grace probably would've found a way in even if he didn't invite her.

I left his flat in a pair of his sweats that he willingly let me borrow, as my clothes had seen cleaner days. Noel took it upon himself to drive me home, while all the way there we listened to the Stones and he sang along, imitating Jagger's dance moves and rhymically tapping his hands on the steering wheel. I would dance along with him, but I mostly watched him with love in my eyes from the passenger seat, thankful for whatever it was that led us to be together.

"Take care! I'll see you soon." Noel yelled out of the rolled down car window, as I waved him goodbye from my front door.

Gracie, of course, had millions of questions for me. We both sat down and I happily relayed what took place. She laughed when I told her about my moon imitation, but freaked out when I told her about Noel's art display. Without any hesitation, she ran to her room and began throwing clothes about, already stressing out about what she was going to wear.

I took this time to go into my room and recollect myself. The last time I was in my bedroom, I was deciding what to wear on our date. Now I was wearing his clothes and telling him I love him. I brushed my hand over the pockets of his sweat pants and felt something inside of the left one. I dug my hand inside and pulled out a rhinestone encrusted silver ring of his in the shape of a skull. I imagined he wore it on his middle finger and it made him look ten times more mesmerizing somehow.

I slipped it on my index finger and held up my hand in front of my face, wiggling my fingers around to admire how it looked on my hand. It was too big and would easily even slip off of my thumb, but I enjoyed the thought that it slid perfectly on Noel's middle knuckles.

I held my hand with the ring on it to my chest, thinking about Noel and his kisses, his gentle warmth, and his youthful enthusiasm. All my good senses were disconnected from my brain. Maybe, just maybe, this could work out for us. No despondency. No entanglements.