0:6

I hadn't even turned my key in the keyhole when Gracie swung the front door open. Within seconds, she had grabbed my arm and pulled me inside excitedly.

"Noel bloody Fielding? Noel bloody Fielding? Are you joking? Just when exactly were you going to tell me you were with Noel Fielding, Emma?" Gracie questioned loudly, practically hounding me like a concerned mother. I only took two steps inside and was being interrogated.

"How the hell do you know him?" I asked nonchalantly as I walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water. "Do you follow him on Instagram or Twitter or something?" I wasn't big on social media and relied heavily on the things Gracie told me. My one and only biased source of news when it came to pop culture.

"Emma. Please tell me you are only joking with me. This is a joke, right?" She put her hands on her cheeks and exaggerated her actions.

I sighed and leaned against the countertop. "Stop that and tell me what you're going on about."

She walked towards me with her eyebrows raised, speaking slowly, "Em, Noel Fielding is only one of the most iconic celebrities ever. How do you not know anything about him?"

After gulping down my water, I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe because I don't keep up with celebrities like you? Or maybe because I'm from America and I don't know anything about famous British celebrities? Look, is it really that big of a deal?"

"Massively! Noel is known and loved for so many things here. I guess I didn't educate you well enough, did I?"

I gave her a knowing look and then walked upstairs to my bedroom. She followed me all the way and plopped herself on my bed, eyeing my every move. I ignored her presence and untied my shoelaces, kicking off my shoes, while sitting on the edge of my bed.

"If I only would've known that Noel was a fan of the London Leatherboys, I would've made more of an effort to find him and introduce myself," Gracie said dreamily, while staring off into the distance.

I narrowed my eyes at her statement as I looked at her. "What? Should I be concerned now?"

She shook her head out of the trance she was seemingly in. "No, but I need to tell you some things about him. From the sound of it, I feel like he hasn't told you anything about himself."

I thought back to our time at the cafe, but mostly the image I had in my head of his face in daylight. "Well he did say that he was into comedy, acting, arts, music, stuff like th-" my sentence was cut short.

"That's him alright! He's totally the artsy type, look," Gracie pulled her phone out of her back pocket, swiftly typing and tapping on its screen, before shoving it in my face. "Just look at his Instagram feed."

Pictures of various artworks, random selfies, and music appreciation posts filled his page. I felt like I was looking at what went on in Noel's mind. I handed Gracie her phone back. "Interesting to put a visual to his craft."

"His entire brand is practically based around his eccentricities. What else did he tell you while you two were together?"

"Just that he was into art a lot, he didn't seem self centered in the slightest."

My words brought a smile to Gracie's face. "I love that so much about him." She sat up on my bed and began telling me about the shows Noel was known for, his impact on the British comedy culture, and how many accomplishments he's had in his career. I was surprised to find out how much he was well known and even I began to wonder why I had never heard of him in the first place.

After she had talked her heart out, Gracie left my room to go make us dinner downstairs. I smiled to myself, laying back on my bed and staring up at the bare ceiling. My mind replayed today's happenings, but mostly the hug we shared. I could still feel the safe feeling of his big arms wrapped around my body if I thought about it hard enough. The image of him waving me goodbye was still fresh in my memory.

Snapping me out of my daydreams, I heard a shriek coming from downstairs. I let out a huff and reluctantly headed to see what Gracie was freaking out over now.

"Grace? You okay?" I saw her looking down at her phone and covering her mouth with her hand.

As I was walking closer to her, she held up her phone to my face once again, except this time to show me a picture of something I was least expecting.

I stared at her screen while pictures of Noel and I walking down the sidewalk earlier stared back at me. In the first picture, we were sitting down at the table in the cafe. The picture had clearly been taken from outside the glass window we were sitting by. In the other, we were both walking closely and had gigantic smiles on our faces. And in the last, most blown up picture, he was carrying me in his arms and spinning me around. I was at a complete loss for words.