66

Joohyun

"How's Eunha?"- I asked him.

"She's fine."- He answered. Sure she is, maybe even living her best life. How can she not be?

"How about you guys? You were getting married, right?"- I boldly asked as I continuously drink the water, but suddenly, he froze. He was taken aback at my question. I felt my throat drying up, so I decided to drink a glass of water.

But to be honest, I really am curious. It's been two years since I heard from them. Are they in good terms? Are they married--

"The engagement was called off."

Oh, it was called off. It was-- WHAT?! I almost spat out the water I was drinking.

"Oh god, are you ok?" Taehyung handed me a napkin. I hurriedly took it and wiped my chin. "Yeah, no problem." I assured him. Silence fills the air again; none of us were talking or even making eye contact. It went on like that for a few minutes before he finally decided to break the ice.

"Anyways, do you have any plans after this?"- He asked me. I looked up at him and saw his eyes full of expectation. How could I say no? I felt myself unconsciously smiling before answering.

"No, but I do need to go to the library to return the books I borrowed last week."- I said while I was finishing up my glass of water casually paying attention to his actions. I saw his eyes light up and he smiled ear to ear.

"Then can I accompany you later?"-he asked, his lips still curled up to a smile. I pursed my lips, trying to stop myself from looking too flustered and happy.

"Sure, but my off is still 4 hours later."- I reminded him. I didn't want him to wait that long for me. I'm sure he has other plans.

"Then I'll wait for you here until your shift is done."- he suggested. My eyes widened at what he said. He said he'll wait for me. I asked him if he was sure and he plainly nodded his head in response.

I turned my head back at the counter and saw Heejun struggling to do all the orders by himself. We have a lot of customers so I excused myself and got back to work.

I was surprisingly composed and natural, because I really thought I'd get nervous, especially when Tae's watching me. From time to time, I'd casually glance at Taehyung, sometimes I would catch him staring and sometimes he's just playing with his phone.

And finally, after 4 hours, my shift was done. I went to the staff's room and changed my clothes. I grabbed my coat and went to Taehyung's table. I knocked on his table lightly to get his attention, then he looked up to me.

"Let's go?"- I asked him. He hid his phone in his pocket and stood up, nodding his head as a response. I pursed my lips lightly and leaded our way out of the café. It was already dark outside.

Times like these were my favorite, the streetlights were glowing, the cold breeze was blowing, the moon and stars were shining, it was perfect.

"You still like late night walks, huh."- Taehyung says. He was looking at the fancy signs that decorated the street, hands in the pocket of his coat. I looked down and smiled.

"You remember?"- I asked him, amusement was brimming in my eyes.

"How can I forget? It's one of our favorite things to do."- He was right. I loved it when we would sneakily escape the dorms to take late night walks around the park or the streets. Then, we would talk about how our day was; share our deepest thoughts with each other or just sometimes enjoy each other's presence.