Once Upon A Dream

"Hey, Cassie." Cassandra turned her head and saw his innocent smile.

She chuckled and sat down next to him. She felt his hand made way to hers, she rotated her palm, interlocking their fingers.

"How was your day?" He asked.

"It was fine, I guess. Rapunzel threw another huge party for my birthday," she explained. "And Fitzherbert was still bugging me. I hope that you were there, Var."

Varian sighed. "I hope so, too."

"How about you? How was your day?" she asked.

"Same as always," he explained with a strained smile.

"I missed you so much," she whispered and let her head rest on his shoulder.

"I missed you, too," he answered and kissed the side of her head.

"Why did you have to do it, Var?" Cassandra asked, her voice cracked. "Each and everyday, I asked myself why you did it."

"My answer would remain the same, Cass. I did it for you."

"But why? Why me?" She asked as a tear fell from her eyes.

"Because I love you," He answered.

"Varia—"

She suddenly sat up straight. She was still inside her room. Tears slowly fell from her eyea. She curled into a ball and wrapped her arms around her legs as she let out a sob.

Right. Varian is gone — he sacrificed his life just to save her.

--

Is this enough to call as a Angst? Was the ending unexpected or did you already expected it? >__< I really need some feedbacks.