Cassandrium (1) of 2)

So, this is the part 1 of the part 2 of VibishaLakshman 's request! (Trust me, that logic tracks XD) since you guys request it, so here you go!

I'll post the full one tomorrow or tonight since I need to run some errands. XD

---

"Cass?"

Cassandra quickly wiped her tears and proceeded to fold the clothes. Her shoulders drooped, a heavy feeling in her chest.

"Are you okay?" asked Queen Rapunzel.

"I'm fine, Raps," she answered in a cold, monotone voice.

Her friend reached out to touch her shoulder but she quickly moved to the side to stop her. She looked up and saw her friend giving her a pained look. She clutched the blanket firmly, her eyes watery as she stood up.

"Stop giving me that look!" She shouted, her chest heaving up and down.

"Cass, I-"

"Stop it, Rapunzel!" She snapped, her muscles quivering. "I don't want to see pity in your eyes."

"Cassandra, please-"

"I'll be fine, okay?!" She shouted. "I-I'll be fine," she whispered more to herself. "I-I'll be alright—"

Without thinking, Rapunzel wrapped her arms around her best friend and that's where Cassandra broke. Tears started to fall from her eyes, her shoulders curling over her chest.

It's been hours since they broke up but she still find it very hard to believe. It's her fault and she knew it. Why does she have to act so violently like that? She is not her mother! She shouldn't have resulted to doing that!

She cried on her friend's embrace. Rapunzel gently stroked her hair with her fingers, trying to calm her down. The brunette remained silent and didn't said a word.

Cassandra lost him. She lost the person who showed her how special she is, the person who were always there when she needs help, the person who never let her wait and mostly, the person she love with all her heart.

She lost Varian.

Rapunzel let Cassandra go when she was done. Her eyes were red and puffy, her lips shaking.

"T-thank you," the dark haired girl whispered.

"I'll always be here, Cass," said Rapunzel.

"How did you know what happened?"

Rapunzel sighed and bowed her head. "I." She heaved a deep breath. "I overheard your conversation with Varian."

"Does anyone, other than you, know about it?"

Rapunzel gulped and gave her friend a nervous stare. "I–" she stopped.

"Tell me," Cassandra demanded.

"Well, a lot of people know. The gang and some people of Corona."

Cassandra's eyes widened. "H-how?!"

"Well, w-we were supposed to surprise you since it's your birthday today but then that happened," Rapunzel whispered. "And your Dad also know," she quickly chimned in.

"I-" Cassandra was cut off by a booming voice.

"Cassandra!"

Cassandra flinched and slowly turned her head. It was her father.