Apples (Part 2)

This is the part 2 (might be the last part) of Alderleaf07 's request. I hope that this part would be able to answer your questions.

--

She rolled her eyes. "Get your own line." She huffed. "Anyway, what's the occasion for?"

"A friend of mine is coming home today. I wanted to make everything special for her," he said with a huge smile, his eyes sparkling. "Specially that the last conversation we had is not actually the best one."

"She really does seemed precious to you," Cassandra commented.

"She is. She's travelling on different places of the seven kingdoms and she never missed sending letters to Corona every week," he started. "She used to work here."

His eyes showed a yearning look. "She have a beautiful smile and attractive eyes. She's not like any other girls. She's not afraid to speak up and she made a huge difference in my life."

Cassandra turned to him, leaning her back to the tree with a smug look in her face. "The way I see it, it seems like this 'she' you're talking about is more than a friend to you, Ian," she teased.

His face grew red. "Yes," he confessed. "Ever since I was fourteen, I treated her more than a friend."

"So, you like her?" She asked, her eyes still onto him.

"Correction," he said, pointing a finger at her. "I love her." He placed another apple on the bucket.

"Did she ever noticed your advances?" She asked.

"I don't know."

She turned her back and stared at a apple she wanna pick. "Maybe you should try asking her."

He shrugged. "Alright, I'll try to do that once I have the confidence."

"If you want, I'll help you confess to her."

"Really?"

"Really."

She raised her hand and plucked the apple. "What's her name?" She asked curiously.

He walked towards her and grabbed the full bucket. "Hey, it's almost full. Just put the last one you picked here and then we're done." He then turned to her. "Her name's Cassandra but I call her Cassie."

What?

Her eyes widened, realization dawned on her. Her mouth falling open, her skin tingling and a heavy feeling on her stomach. She frozed and the apple fell from her hand, landing on the green grass.

"W-what did you say?"

"I said, her name is Cassie-" he didn't manage to finish his sentence when Cassandra accidentally stepped on the apple and tripped, falling into him.

The man dropped the apples and as soon as his head hit the grassy ground, gold dust scattered around them. The two coughed and swayed their hands to clear the dust.

After a moment, the dust cleared. Revealing the the man, no longer have his blond hair, instead it was black with a very familiar blue stripe in his bangs.

He was laying on the ground and the flushed Cassandra on top of him, the bucket and the apples scattered around them. Cassandra gulped, staring straight into his eyes. Realizing what happened, Cassandra quickly get up and so does Varian, both of their cheeks flushing red.

"Finally! The effect of the chemical compound is gone." he chuckled. "Sorry about the dust, Andra. It was actually another failed experiment on the hair. I'm not really blond," he explained and slowly raised his head to meet her eyes but he frozed, his eyes landing on the very familiar necklace on her neck.

The Cassandrium.

Cassandra noticed his stare and looked down. Oh, the Cassandrium. She doesn't took it off her neck but it was always kept underneath her clothes since the last time it was out, someone tried to steal it — it probably slipped out when she tripped.

"Cassie?!" The Alchemist panicked.

"Yeah, surprise. I guess?" She greeted akwardly.

Varian's face lost it's color and looks like he could faint any minute now. "D-did I just confessed my feelings to the woman I love without even knowing?"

Cassandra bended her knees and started picking up the apples, placing it back to the bucket. "Yes. Yes, you did. I did say that I will help you, right?" She laughed.

"Am I going to be rejected today?" He asked dejectedly and leaned down, helping her picking up the apples.

"No."

He sighed in relief. "So..." He trailed off. "Is there any chance where we would pretend that the whole talk didn't happened?" He asked, a hopeful tone on his voice.

"No." She chuckled. "We are so going to talk about this," she said as she placed the last apple on the bucket.

"But-" she cuts him off by standing up and holding the bucket on her hand.

"And oh, don't worry. I think she noticed your advances before," she teased and gave him a wink.

He blinked and took a step, only to trip, landing head first on the same bush where he tripped earlier. Cassandra's loud laugh echoing in the background.

"Oh, fiddlesticks," the alchemist muttered.

--

Should I make a part 3? XD