Why Do You?

I think y'all deserve a break from Angst so here you go!

--

"Lina, let me help you with that," said Varian and ran over to the red haired girl, helping her with her stuffs.

"No. I can handle myself, Varian," said Lina.

"I insist. You almost tripped because you're holding a lot of things."

Lina sighed. "Fine."

While a few walks from there was Cassandra, watching her boyfriend interact with another girl. Alright. She'll keep calm. He's only being the kind Varian he have always been. It's alright. There's no need to feel like she wanted to strangle the girl. Nope. Definitely not necessary.

--

Days passed and Varian have been hanging out with Lina because they have the same interest in Alchemy.

She shouldn't be jealous, right? She trust him but why can't she help feel annoyed? She should be happy that Varian's finally meeting someone with the same interest at his.

--

Days turned into weeks and months. She bumped into a girl while walking in the castle hallways. It was Lina.

"I'm sorry," said Lina.

Her day hadn't been the best since morning. Varian had been ignoring her and the new guards aren't doing their job right and she needs to scold them for she is the new captain.

"You should be," she snapped and walked away.

She heaved a deep breath. It'll be easy to hate her if she was a bitch. But no- Lina just have to be a good girl. She can't just hate someone like that.

--

"Happy monthsary, Cassie!" It was Varian, holding a bunch of flowers. He slowly walked towards her but Cassandra took a step back, her arms closed.

"Why are you with her?" That was the first thing Cassandra asked when she saw Lina next to Varian.

"Oh, she helped me plan all of this," said Varian with a smile.

Cassandra raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Yeah- wait. Cassie, are you jealous?" He asked.

"No."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Really? Really? Really?"

"No."

Varian gave him a suspecting look and she gave up.

"FINE! I am jealous, okay? Finding your boyfriend spending most of his time with another girl doesn't seem pleasing, isn't it? Why don't you try to be on my place? How would you feel?" She stated.

Varian chuckled. "You don't have to feel jealous, Cassie. Lina here had just been helping me do all the work early so we can have a one week vacation! Just the two of us," said Varian with a huge smile. "I've already found the perfect place!"

"But my work as the cap-" Lina cuts her off.

"I've already taken care of that, Cassandra. Don't worry. Just so you know, I am a Cassarian shipper! I just really love seeing the two of you getting together and-" she stopped when someone called out to her.

"Lina, I know how much you love the ship — I do to. But we need your help here and stop ruining their moment!" said the unfamilliar girl with black hair and dragged Lina away.

"Who's that?" asked Cassandra.

"I think her name is Amber," said Varian. "Anyway, you shouldn't be jealous, Cassie. I won't leave you. I'm always here."

"I know, Varian and I'm luck for that," said Cassandra.

They shared a one passionate kiss.

"I love you, Cassie."

"I love you, too, Var."