Chapter 1 - Party Animals

The whole cast of Orange Is The New Black (OITNB) had just finished filming the third season of the hugely successful show and the female cast decided to celebrate it through a private party at The Rooftop Bar in New York. After months and months of working, everyone knew they would go their separate lives for a while and do their own thing so they figured it best to have one last party together before they'd be back in each other's arms again for promotional purposes for OITNB.

Laura Prepon, who was smoking at one corner at that time, couldn't help but smile at the sight of all of her friends, friends she never thought she'd have because she was used to hanging out with a bunch of guys. Everyone was having a great time dancing, laughing, and some even singing. Leading that was Natasha Lyonne who was, unsurprisingly, her usual playful self. She was dragging everyone to the dance floor, and started dancing around them whenever she would successfully get someone to get up.

When almost everyone was dancing like crazy, she then proceeded to ask Taylor Schilling to go to the dance floor with her. She was sitting alone at a table, not bothering to talk to anyone. Laura didn't fail to notice that Taylor was having one of those moments where she preferred being left alone. She read a "You okay there, Chapman?" from Natasha's lips, and Taylor did her best to smile, gesturing Natasha to just go and have fun. Everyone knew, especially Natasha, not to push Taylor when she was having that kind of day so she left her alone. It was then that Natasha started looking around, and stopped when she found where Laura was. "Hey Prepon, get your ass in here!"

"I'll be right there, I'll just finish this one up," answered Laura as she held her cigarette up.

She then saw Natasha go up to Uzo Aduba, who was talking to Kate Mulgrew and Yael Stone at another table, and whispered something to her. Uzo then looked at where Taylor was sitting, got up, and went near her. Uzo was one of the only few people who could get to Taylor during those moods and Laura knew that was the reason Natasha went to her. But then after seeing Uzo go back to her and Kate's table, unsuccessfully cheering Taylor up, she knew then that her blonde friend was really not okay. So she finally decided to go near her.

"Hey," Laura said as she sat across Taylor, bringing with her two shots of vodka. She gave her the other one and took the other one for herself.

"Hi, thanks" answered Taylor with a smile, a genuine one, unlike the half-hearted smile she gave Natasha and Uzo. She then took the vodka straight up.

"Having one of those days, huh?" Laura looked at her intently, despite the semi-darkness. Taylor seemed surprised by her question. "Yeah, I, uh, saw, you know." She somewhat pointed at Natasha and Uzo. "Kind of... noticed."

Taylor sighed and almost rolled her eyes, who looked annoyed, more at herself than anyone else. "Yeah, am I that obvious?"

"Girl, you basically shooed Tasha away," Laura chuckled.

Taylor then put her hands all over her face. "I'm sorry, was I being mean? I'm just really... tired maybe. I don't know. Ugh. Sorry. It's really annoying, actually. Of all the time there is in this world, my freaking mood picked this night," she said while shaking her head.

"Come on, we all have our days. I'm sure Tasha understands. And you really can't blame yourself there, babe. Those mood swings are, ugh." Laura gave her a reassuring smile, letting her know that it really was okay. Knowing Taylor, she would beat herself up for this again. She didn't need any more of that.

"Yeah, maybe she does. I hope so. I'm just gonna go apologize to her later." Taylor paused for a while and looked down before looking back at Laura. "Thank God you're here. I would go crazy otherwise."