Chapter Three

The guards take him away, I back up from the cell still shocked. I touch my lips from my hand, confused. The man struggles, to escape the guards grasp, he does for a split-second and yells at me.

"Just do it lady!" The guards then pull him into the dark door, shutting it instantly. I can't seem to find my words, the short man arrives again.

"Wh-Where are they taking him?" I ask while pointing to the empty cell.

"Executed, apparently he had a VERY good time." He tells me while pointing to the cell.

"Take me to the showing, I'll like for us to make a deal." I turn my head, while Jonathan slowly stand up. He asks for us to follow, I whisper to Evelyn my plan, she agrees and follows im while Jonathan stays put.

I run to the nearest door, finding my way to the execution showing, guards cover the area as I arrive. I somehow convince them to let me pass, and I think it was because I'm a girl--I don't really know. As I see the light, I follow the hall, seeing a whole area for hanging, I watch as the same man is walking up the stairs, being prepared.

I walk a little more out and turn to the best seats in the building, I put my hand over my forehead. I squint my eyes from the sun, and stare up to Evelyn and the man. I put both of my hands up. What the hell is she doing? Say something?! She stutters but quickly turns to the man, she starts talking. I turn around hearing cheers, I watch as he hangs, as the wooden floor boards disappear.

I panic, seeing his neck not break, it gives me a bit of relief, but not enough. I start breathing hard, I turn to Evelyn, seeing her panic as well, still speaking to the man. I look at the man, noticing him struggling even more. As a few seconds go by I finally give in to the agreement, I turn around and yell at the man from above me.

"FIVE-HUNDRED POUNDS!" As I see his shocked reaction as he looks down, I quickly lock eyes with him. He nods at me then to Evelyn, he waves his hand at the guards. I turn seeing the man being cut loose. I close my eyes and slowly open them, that 500 pounds will be coming from Jonathan.

I walk out of the building meeting up with Evelyn, Jonathan, and the short man. I look over to the man.

"You know, I'm a very lonely man..." His hand creeps on Evelyn, I use my knee and force his hand to be hit. He shakes it in pain. "Fine deal, pay up." Evelyn and I look towards Jonathan.

"You're kidding, right?" He asks, he looks at me, I give him a cold stare.

"Pay. This is an apology for your lies baby brother." He sighs and sadly pulls out his wallet, he takes out the cash and give it to him, he gladly nods towards us and walk away. "Thank you." I punch his arm. "No more lies you imbecile!"

"Okay, okay, I get it. I won't lie....." I hum in response. "To you...." he mumbles, I turn my face and angrily stare at him. "Fine, I won't lie to you two." He raises his arms in defeat. "Now, come on, we have to meet him."

My brother leads my sister and I to the center with our bags, I drop mine and wipe my forehead. I hook my weapons bag around my body as my siblings chatter their mouth off. I get annoyed and hear their conversation.

"Are you sure he'll meet us? Or even come?" I scoff at her. "What's so funny Y/N?"

"He's coming, I saved his damn life." I say tightening my bag over my shoulder, I kneel down fixing my suitcases.

"What makes you so sure?" My brother chippers. "Do you fancy him?" I gasp and stand up, a little blush covering my cheeks.

"So hilarious, I don't like him." My sister agrees.

"She's right, he's rude, a scoundrel, disgusting, he's--he's" I laugh and grab my suitcases.

"Calm down, his word is his word. Especially since--" My mind wanders back to the kiss we shared. "Well, never mind, he's a cowboy with positive intentions now-"

"Anyone I know?"