Chapter Twenty-Two

I hold my blade tight, I stop her swing and duck. I roll back and continue to sword fight her. I spin and hit her blade again. I run jumping over water, I land, she catches up with me as I prepare to fight.

"I can't understand this symbol!" Eve shouts, I turn around, Anck grabs my neck holding her blade towards me. I shove my elbows down and release from her grasp coughing. 

"What does it look like!?" I shout back, Jonathan quickly responds.

"A stork or some type of bird?!" I find a rope, I run swinging over a large portion of an area. She jumps that far height, we continue to fight.

"Ah-men-uphas!" I yell in separate parts, she hits the sword out of my hand. It slides over to the staircase the flesh bugs were at. I jump to it grabbing it, I push her into the trap door, I look back seeing O'Connell.

I run, jumping down the steps as the guards hit him down, I watch him roll onto the ground. They inch closer to him, as they stand in a line and raise their blades, I run just in time blocking their swing from mine. I struggle to hold the strength, it eases as they all pause on him. They take back their weapons and stand still, O'Connell and I stand back as they do.

"He finished the inscription..." I say as O'Connell stands up, he turns around, I smile for a split-second before my hair gets pulled back. I spin and get pinned to a wall, I dodge the blade hit, noticing it almost hit my head. O'Connell charges at me from the side, he hugs my body as we both hit the ground. 

We look back seeing her almost swing at me again, the guards then start charging after Anck su namun. O'Connell and I stand up as we watch them kill her corpse, we gather our weapons and look around. 

"Jonathan....Eve!" O'Connell goes towards Jonathan and I run to Eve, grabbing her hand and running away. I watch Jonathan get choked, O'Connell then cuts his arm off. Imhotep turns around, and grabs O'Connell's shirt, throwing him our way.

"Y/N catch!" Jonathan says, I watch the key to the book get thrown to us, I catch it as Jonathan runs over to us giving the book.

"Eve translate, we'll keep him busy." I run down the steps as she quickly opens the book. 

O'Connell gets thrown again, I stop seeing him stand. Imhotep goes and punches him behind the altar. I can't make it in time, Imhotep goes and picks him up by the throat, I gasp and watch as his mouth expands. I swipe away the book and find the right inscription, I chant it, seeing him look towards me. I drop the book and see O'Connell's body fall, I rush over and help him stand. I pull him back as he grabs his sword, we both ready our weapons as Imhotep turns around to us.

"I thought he was dead now? I thought you said it'll kill him?" He says turning to me. Imhotep charges as O'Connell pierces his blade into his stomach.

"No, he mortal." O'Connell swipes his blade out, Imhotep grabs the wound and backs up into the liquid of the dead.

He fully goes in, as his body slowly rots to his head, before fully dying he mutters one more sentence. His head turns full mummy as he floats down, I look knowing what he stated, I think Evelyn knows too.

"Death is only the beginning." Silence ends as we all look around, seeing the walls come down from each side.

"Time to go." O'Connell says taking my hand in his, we run out seeing the room close. We run by the water, Jonathan slips tossing the book in, Evelyn goes back and look in the water.

"You've lost the book?!" We all annoying run back to her, grabbing her and running as we all say the same time.

"Come on!" We go through the room full of gold and jewels, pushing through sand pouring from the ceiling. Jonathan stops looking around.

"Couldn't we just--" We all go back and to the same thing to him, like we did to Eve.

"No! Jonathan!" Eve screams, we run seeing the escape, until we hear someone yell O'Connell.