Chapter Nine

"So uh, here these are for you and Evelyn..if you want to share." I take the brown bag, and look up at O'Connell. "It's something I borrowed off our American brethren, I thought you might like it--need it." He awkwardly walks away, seeing the man from the prison stare at him weird. 

I open the brown bag to reveal tools, I smile and blush a bit from the gift. I look up and see him swing into the underground building. I pack away the tools and follow, once going in I hop down placing down all my bags once more. I look around so fascinated, knowing how old this is.

"3,000 years old, this place is still standing." I say, making Evelyn agree. "Eve, move the mirror, it's time." She excitedly moves it, making the room light up. 

"That is a neat trick." I follow along O'Connell, and find something great.

"Sah-netje" I say with shock, I continue walking as O'Connell follows.

"What?" He confusingly asks.

"It's the preparation room." I say simply.

"Preparation room for what?" I turn to him and put humor.

"For entering the afterlife." I say in a spooky tone. "This should be the way." I say, O'Connell quickly grabs a torch and lights it up, I follow behind. Evelyn, then Jonathan, and the man from the prison make a line behind me.

When entering a bunch of little sounds fills the room up, leaving silence right after. We look around to spot nothing at all, it was like bugs were filling the room. I clench onto the tools as we walk more in, once we do we find the legs of Anubis. 

"Evelyn the secret compartment should be here, but how will we find it?" We all turn hearing a loud sound, I pass the tools to Evelyn as O'Connell gives me his torch. He silently pulls out his guns, we turn and we're surprised seeing the other group here, Mr.Henderson is pointing a gun at me directly. 

"Oh! Pardon! You scared us." They all slowly put their guns down.

"Likewise." O'Connell states as he does the same. One man comes up and starts walking towards Evelyn, I go in front of her and place a hand covering her.

"Hey that's my tool kit." He gets closer making O'Connell aim again, making the other group do the same. "Maybe I was mistaken."

"Gentlemen, I think you should move along, we have a lot of work to do so-" I state calmly.

"Push-off! This is our site!" A man says rudely.

"We got here first." I state coldly with squinted eyes, O'Connell aims at them once more. They aim at each other as they speak, I look down seeing an opening to the statue where the book leads. "Now, let's get along!" I exclaim over them, "We aren't children and there are other places to dig, right?" I turn to O'Connell and place a hand on his arm, gently asking him to put down the gun. 

He does and we quickly walk away, we arrive to the site, Evelyn passes me the tool kit as I dig. She explains to the men that the book is under here, sand pours out as we continue to hit through the rock. 

"Those Americans have no clue, they're filthy." I turn to O'Connell and gently place a hand on his arm. "You aren't, and no offense."

"None taken." He states as he digs up.

"Ay, where did that other man go?" Jonathan asks.

"The man from the prison?" Evelyn picks up, he nods. We all stop and make Jonathan do some work, I sit down on a crate and so does O'Connell. 

"So, they rip your guts and stuff them in jars?" I nod and continue our conversation.

"Including hearts, and well brains. They take a hot rod, you see. They stick it up their nose, scramble the brain and rip it out." I say with a stick in hand.

"That's got to hurt." O'Connell says.

"Well, it's mummification, so you'll be dead and alive at the same time." He turns to Jonathan.

"If I die, don't put me down for mummification." He jokingly says.

"Likewise." Jonathan states, hitting a rock, making a whole box fall from the roof. I stand up and hover over it, while Evelyn does the same.